Help With My Old Laptop Video Card Problem

chrodechild14

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
i have my old laptop Dell Inspiron 6400 Core 2 duo @ 2ghz and a Ati Mobility Radeon x1400

My problem is When i play games like pcsx2 or any games and watching Bluray movie

the memory clock is going down and down until it reach only 135mhz something so when i play games but the gpu clock is stable only the memory clock is going down and down so i get hang when playing games and watching movie so what i do is when the memory clock is going down until it reach to 135mhz something i use powerstrip to set the default clock again but sometimes it will hang and crush the laptop it will produce some lines and hang so i need to restart my laptop what do you think my problem and how can i fix it thanks :))))

Ravyu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Let me clarify myself.

Your laptop has no battery connected to it, so you are using the charger connected directly to the mains to keep it on? And while doing that, your battery mode is in balanced?

dukisha016

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Overheating? Did u checked temperature because this is older model of gpu and u are watching blue ray movie?
Give us some more details in order to receive help as soon as possible :)

chrodechild14

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
yes the power plan set to balanced..

i can't get any software to monitor this gpu temp i used gpu-z,speedfan,evga precision, hw monitor.. ahmm i laptop keyboard is hot i think ... does that mean overheating can cause my gpu memory down ??

Ravyu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Possible, though I don't know how to fix it sorry