Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GOOD PC Home Use

Last response: in Systems
January 16, 2013 9:37:44 PM

Hey guys, i want to buy a new PC and i just want it to be able to render and use it for general use. I want it to be pre-build and i want it to be under $600 preferably with windows 7.

Some of the things i want the PC to be able to do and have:

-Watch YouTube vids with minimum lag.
-Fast browsing.
-At least 500GB of HDD
-At least 8GB of RAM
- Decent rendering Speed

More about : good home

January 16, 2013 10:22:06 PM

windows push it above 500

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 1GB Video Card ($96.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.90 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $541.80
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-16 19:21 EST-0500)
m
l
January 16, 2013 10:27:10 PM

Nice build. But that doesn't look like it's prebuilt. To the open poster, have you considered building the computer yourself? e.g. buy the parts individually and put them together yourself? It's not as hard as you think, and you will get much better bang for your buck.
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 10:28:15 PM

aaab said:
Nice build. But that doesn't look like it's prebuilt.

lol exactly. but thanks anyways.
m
l
January 16, 2013 10:29:27 PM

Do you need a screen? Keyboard + mouse?
m
l

Best solution

January 16, 2013 10:33:54 PM
January 16, 2013 10:51:00 PM

What aaab posted is about the best pre-built gaming machine you'll find for the money.

Pre-built "gaming" machines in this budget range almost universally have very weak video cards, among other corner-cutting. Even the build aaab posted is no exception, the 7750 is an entry-level gaming card. The strength of the video card is extremely important to a gaming system.

If you really want a pre-built, I'd suggest saving up to around $1000 and going with a boutique builder, such as gamepc or digital storm. *however* you'll still get much more machine for your money building it yourself.

If you want to stick with a $500 budget for a game PC, I don't reccommend a pre-built at all. Take a peek at the $500 build in my sig as a starting point. Every single part in it is better than the more-expensive Ibuypower machine (the video card is way better.)

cheers!

*a Nod to AMD. *IF* you buy an aftermarket cooler (at *least* another $25), and *IF* you fully overclock the FX-4100, it will slightly outperform the i3 in my build. It will suck down over twice as much power in doing so, however.
m
l
January 16, 2013 11:09:28 PM

quilciri said:
What aaab posted is about the best pre-built gaming machine you'll find for the money.

Pre-built "gaming" machines in this budget range almost universally have very weak video cards, among other corner-cutting. Even the build aaab posted is no exception, the 7750 is an entry-level gaming card.

If you really want a pre-built, I'd suggest saving up to around $1000 and going with a boutique builder, such as gamepc or digital storm. *however* you'll still get much more machine for your money building it yourself.

If you want to stick with a $500 budget for a game PC, I don't reccommend a pre-built at all. Take a peek at the $500 build in my sig as a starting point. Every single part in it is better than the more-expensive Ibuypower machine (the video card is way better.)

cheers!

*a Nod to AMD. *IF* you buy an aftermarket cooler (at *least* another $25), and *IF* you fully overclock the FX-4100, it will slightly outperform the i3 in my build. It will suck down over twice as much power in doing so, however.

Actually i'll get that one as soon as i sell my laptop. That was a derp of my part.
m
l
January 16, 2013 11:10:03 PM

Best answer selected by oss43456.
m
l
January 16, 2013 11:11:56 PM

oss43456 said:
Actually i'll get that one as soon as i sell my laptop. That was a derp of my part.

Que Sera. We tried.
m
l
January 16, 2013 11:13:06 PM

Just throwing out there, you get WAY better performance / way lower price building it yourself, and it's no harder than the LEGOs you played with as a kid.
m
l
January 17, 2013 1:17:12 AM

DarkSable said:
Just throwing out there, you get WAY better performance / way lower price building it yourself, and it's no harder than the LEGOs you played with as a kid.

Agreed, but what you need to remember is that not everyone wants to/has time to learn something new like this. And with a first time build, there's always a small risk of breaking something (Although with modern hardware it's pretty hard)
m
l
January 17, 2013 2:00:11 PM

aaab said:
Agreed, but what you need to remember is that not everyone wants to/has time to learn something new like this. And with a first time build, there's always a small risk of breaking something (Although with modern hardware it's pretty hard)

i mean i know how to build it, but i just dnt want to.
m
l
!