Monitor randomly goes black

jpnumber1

Honorable
May 22, 2012
My monitor will randomly go black while playing games, surfing the web, or even idleing. It will stay this way until i reboot my PC. The time of this happening is totally random. It can be 5-10 minutes or 5 hours. I have tried buying a new monitor and a new HDMI cable and I still get this problem. This has never happened until i got my new graphics card. Is it possible to fix this?

Specs:

Windows 7
CPU: Intel i5-2400 3.10 GHz
GPU: Sapphire radeon 7850
PSU: OCZ 700w
Motherboard: PEGATRON MODEL 2AC2
RAM: 8GB

rdc85

Honorable
at least they admit their mistake, I heard their RMA process (after sales service) is quite good...

but honestly, by the brand name of saphire they should be more carefull in the first place.. (their old/experienced brand)

anyways try contact them to check if the card was included in recall program or not....

jpnumber1

Honorable
May 22, 2012

[UPDATE] So I figured out that this still occurs even when in safe mode. I'm thinking about RMAing it for the second god damn time. I hope someone has any other ideas

Ravyu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Wait, have you already RMA'ed once?

rang6300

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

i got EXACTLY same issue.. actually whole pc is newish.. but never experienced (within 2,3 days) this issue on hd2500 integrated graphics.. but i got this SAPPHIRE hd7770 GHZ card yesterday and today i experenced monitor going BLACK for a sec or so randomly. Its ok right now but gone BLACK for couple of times within a min..
(TEMPS ARE ABSOLUTELY FINE, like during Hitman game max was 42c and now Idle its 25C)

jpnumber1

Honorable
May 22, 2012

I think it might be the PSU, make sure your PSU is a high enough wattage.

Or it might have been the faulty gpu i had. I sent it back and they gave me a 7870 in return and then it fixed the problem, but still every week or so my monitor will go black.

rang6300

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

my psu is FPS branded 450 watt v stable... however the black issue did not came yesterday but today it came for 1 sec and i was using headphones by the time and i felt very light electric shot/earth.. my casing has some earth/current and i think that must have something to do with the black screen, i will fix this current leak ASAP