Would a CX430 be enough?

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I'm planning to convert my desktop so it'd handle some minor gaming. I installed a new Corsair CX430 (v1, I think) a month ago. I have a ASRock H61M-DGS, an Intel G860, two 7200 RPM HDD's, 4GB ADATA 1600 DDR3 RAM, and a DVD drive. I was wondering if the CX430 would be powerful enough to handle an HD 6850 without exploding.

Solution
Yes, it will not explode, that psu is not the best,but it's better than those shoddy psus out there, with certifications and quality components, but it has the protections needed if even overloaded, the maximum power drawn from the card is ~120w.
That cpu is rated at 65w, total system will not pull more than 250w at load, it's fine.
Yes, it will not explode, that psu is not the best,but it's better than those shoddy psus out there, with certifications and quality components, but it has the protections needed if even overloaded, the maximum power drawn from the card is ~120w.
That cpu is rated at 65w, total system will not pull more than 250w at load, it's fine.

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I agree with this - it's not the best but it's way better than about 95% of the flat out junk that sells in this price range. If you're uncertain get the Seasonic 430W instead - it's much stronger than the Corsair model and can handle any mid range GPU you want to use.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Ah, so it'll run just fine.

Also, can you please link to the benchmarks where the 7770 wins over the 6850? Also, I'll only be playing at 720p. I already have the CX430, so I don't feel like buying another PSU. I also watch a lot of CPU intensive movies that my old Pentium E2160 lagged out on.