Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte 7970 GHZ Clocks Stuck @1050 full load

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 2, 2012 5:25:38 PM

Hello,I bought this VC 1 month ago,and just today I noticed sometime,the iddle clock are always at 300/1500,the card comes OC'd to 1100/1500,so today I was doing some benchmark with Furmark and I noticed that the clocks starts at 1100,everything normal but after a few seconds,the GPU Clock changes to 1050,then again 1100,and finally it just stays at 1050..same as the Memory Clock,if the memory clock is OC to sometime higher,it just goes to 1500 after a few seconds,I checked the Clocks with GPU-Z and the Catalyst Center,I tried overclocking the card a little higher and still it happens,it happens also in games(Tried BF 3,Skyrim and still the same..gonna keep trying some other benchmarks,but what you think is the problem? maybe the card itself,I found on another forum a guy is having this problem.
Thanks
December 12, 2012 5:28:21 AM

payne18 said:
Hello,I bought this VC 1 month ago,and just today I noticed sometime,the iddle clock are always at 300/1500,the card comes OC'd to 1100/1500,so today I was doing some benchmark with Furmark and I noticed that the clocks starts at 1100,everything normal but after a few seconds,the GPU Clock changes to 1050,then again 1100,and finally it just stays at 1050..same as the Memory Clock,if the memory clock is OC to sometime higher,it just goes to 1500 after a few seconds,I checked the Clocks with GPU-Z and the Catalyst Center,I tried overclocking the card a little higher and still it happens,it happens also in games(Tried BF 3,Skyrim and still the same..gonna keep trying some other benchmarks,but what you think is the problem? maybe the card itself,I found on another forum a guy is having this problem.
Thanks

I don't know what the deal is, but what I've gathered is that it's something that only happens with the most previous drivers (>.8 - most folks with this card are going to be on .10 at the moment)... hopefully it gets sorted out soon, it will be a returns disaster if this card can't even maintain its stock clocks!
!