Asus VE248 is detected w/ HDMI cord but does not show picture

Hello denizens,

I have an interesting dilemma on my hands that I have not come across yet in my years of troubleshooting. I have 2 monitors, one being an Asus VE248. I recently purchased a mini hdmi cord in order to connect the Asus to my GTX580. After connecting the monitor, I can see that the monitor is being detected by my graphics card and Windows(through display settings/nvidia display settings and such) but there simply is no picture.

When i turn the monitor on, it flashes the Asus logo and then reports that "DVI no signal"(as if to say that it was connected with a dvi cord, when it clearly is not). Unfortunately, the other monitor is DVI only and I do not have my HDMI tv in my new place yet, so I cannot test the hdmi cord itself, but the fact that the monitor is being detected in Windows leads me to believe the cord is not the issue.

Any suggestions? I can provide more information of course, I did not want to be long winded in the initial post. I am also on Windows 8.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about asus ve248 detected hdmi cord show picture
  1. Do you have the VE248H or the VE248Q?

Did you use the Input Select button on the monitor to cycle through the available input sources after connecting the HDMI cable?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Asus Monitors HDMI Graphics