ashehadeh1

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I have owned my Gigabyte GTX 670 for a good couple of months now, it's ran flawlessly up until recently. Throughout those first couple of months I've played games such BF3, Mass Effect 3, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, all of which to my knowledge are graphic intensive games. I recently installed Planet Side 2 a free game through steam.While installing Planet Side 2 I noticed it was installing some Microsoft DirectX files. I suspect this may be the root of the problem. Now when playing Counter-Strike: GO I get a Kernel Crash error which significantly drops my FPS, but the drivers to eventually successfully recover. I've read that other roots of the issues could be a lack of power to the card, or possibly a driver issue. I rolled back my drivers to a version I've known to be "bug free"and the issue persists. Anybody have any suggestion what could possibly be the issue?

MB: ASUS P8P67-PRO (Rev 3.1)
CPU: i5-2500k (4.5ghz)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb)
PSU: Antec 620w
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 240gb
HS: Hyper 212+ (Artic Silver 5 thermal compound)
2x120mm mounted on Hyper 212+ (Push/Pull)
1x200mm, 1x120mm ( Intake)
1x200mm, 1x120mm ( out)
Push/Pull Configuration
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3500dpi
Monitor: BenQ XL2410T 120hz (1920x1080)

I am currently running the GeForce 306.97 driver

Bro i think you took this one a bit too serious.. DirectX files are necessary for "DirectX" games. as for the kernel crash i had the same issue last night running on Beta drivers with my 670.. So i downloaded 306.97 and i have not had a issue with them yet. You could try a re-install of the drivers. But if your having a kernel crash then a re-format might be in order.. It could be your SSD going flunk on you as i don't see any other reasons in your specs to indicated a culprit

ashehadeh1

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Thanks for your response, I just don't understand how this could have anything to do with my SSD. I recently reformatted a few weeks ago, so I highly doubt a reformat is necessary.