Sign in with
Your question

Is my GTX 560 ti Faulty or what?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 2, 2012 7:01:08 PM

Hi guys I have had this problem since I got this card and have no idea what it is.
I have sent the card back and they said there was nothing wrong with it.
This is what I see when the game freezes

I honestly don't know what it is any help with this would be of great help

More about : gtx 560 faulty

a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 10:37:00 PM

try underclocking the card. I don't mean unoverclock, I mean put it below stock.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 2:10:36 AM

I know it sounds cliche, but updating the BIOS, and drivers could help. If that doesn't work, check that the cable connections are good.
Related resources
a c 105 U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 2:18:08 AM

card looks like it's toast. only thing he can do is under clock the ram and processor ( on the video card ) and hope it lasts long enough to get a replacement.
December 3, 2012 2:57:13 AM

Try another cable if possible, or try changing the video port is connected to on the back.

Also, what PSU do you have?
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 3:47:20 AM

when my 560ti broke, it got weird artifacts, got really choppy, then my system would freeze. After I underclocked by a couple hundred mhz, it stocked freezing and I sent it in for repairs.
December 3, 2012 2:53:16 PM

I had already sent it back and they say there is nothing wrong with it
There was no problem with my old card and I have all the updates for the card itself and the BIOS so I am at a lost
Also I have a 750w novatech black edition
a c 105 U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 10:12:03 PM

sent it back to who ? send it back again. this time put an indiscriminate mark on it so you'll know if you got the same one back.

did you try another power supply ? did you try another monitor ? ( family, friend, neighbor )
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 4:35:26 AM

I would also send a printed version of this screenshot or even a USB stick with a video of the problem occurring. I had a suspected issue with my 560ti as it would freeze with scrolling coloured line artefacts, so I sent my mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU and the GPU all together (they were all under warranty) just to make sure and had it working within a week. (Turned out to be a really weird BIOS/driver conflict despite). Hope this helps.
!