Nvidia GTX 550 Ti and Asus CM6830-07

johntmohr

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I just purchased this computer: http://www.asus.com/Desktop/Entertainment/Essentio_CM6830/#specifications

Specifically I have this exact model.

It came with a video card(GT 620) but I had a better one in my old computer, a Radeon 6750.

When I replaced the card with the 6750 the computer would boot but not connect the monitors. I thought maybe it was an incompatibility with the video card. So, I went and got another Nvidia, this time the GTX 550 Ti. Same issue though, the computer boots but does not connect to the monitors. I have never had this kind of issue with video cards before.

Also, need to state that I replaced the default power supply with an Antec 650W PS. Yes, for both of the upgrade video cards I was plugging in the 6 pin PCI power connector.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Did you forget to connect a 6-pin connector from the power supply unit to the graphics cards? GT 620 doesn't need that, but both HD 6750 and GTX 550 Ti do.

Did you replace the stock power supply unit? The stock is too weak for either of those two cards.

johntmohr

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Well, I guess I don't know for sure. It sounds like it does, I see the 2 monitors trying scanning through their modes (HDMI, DVI, VGA) and they get no signal. This happens twice then they go back to sleep mode.

johntmohr

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Oh, yes I have another PC. Both of the cards work fine. The Radeon 6750 and the GTX 550 work in another machine.

I am going to try a quick change I made. The bios was set to Auto detect for the graphics. I set it only to PCIE. Going to see what that does.

johntmohr

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

Sadly that didn't work. I also updated the driver, that did not help either. I am a bit baffled.