My build will be
i5 3570k
Msi z77 mPower board
Corsair vengeance lp 4gb x2
Corsair tx750m

The rest is not listed
And for the gpu i will be focusing on nvidia 700 series or amd 8000 gpu
Plis dont recommend me any gpu,

My question is is there a better ram kit out there?
-that is low in height,good looking, oc capabilities

And the psu
- is there any better psu out there at the price range of tx750m?

Solution
G
the picture is the plug and how to wire it, not of the adapter. being in the states and only spending a little time in italy while in the navy - i am not familiar with your electrical outlet first hand.

i think you have a good plan, at least you understand what your doing, don't let me screw that up. :lol:
G

most any DDR3 1600 CL9 ram is fine. there will be no difference except in benchmarks Ocing any higher but if you want to for the fun of it have at it. i have seen some good reviews on the kingston hyperX series but they are more costly than the vengeance.

if you want to find a less exensive PSU that woun't affect anything . you do not need 750 watts. 550 watts is enough to supply any cpu and gpu including overclocking. the nVidia 800 series won't be using much more power, if at all, than the last generation. they even have limited the TDP at the cost of some potential performance and AMD hasn't hasn't had any big power hogs either.

a 750 watt PSU can run a 7970 Xfire set up. unless you know you will do something like that a 550 is fine a 650 if you are really concerned about having enough.

where are you purchasing your components at? got an XFX 550 core edition? (or 650)

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
The reason is i might be sli later, at least before the next new rig come, and i like to have the room to upgrade with sufficient psu

I will buy all this from local shop malaysia, im really sure there some shop bringing it in, i will take a look

Do u recommend xfx xxx then tx750m? But then again i wont go down more then 650watt psu.

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I check that psu and i around the same with tx750m, just it price a little higher here,
But then i saw seasonIc x660 sell the same price as tx750m,

It a steal right? Then i should consider this psu then the corsair, just the price dif is 30$ for seasonic x660 watt and seasonic x650 watt? 660 is cheaper

Is it apply for other shop as well?newegg, ncix etc..

G

ok, i got it.

and yes i would recommend an XFX over a TX750m.

there are two different TX750s. one is made by CWT (not a bad manufacturer) and the other is Chicony Power Technology who make HIPRO PSUs for Hewlet Packards and have a less that good reputation making them.
you can see that here:
PSU REVIEW DATABASE Corsair, Inc

the older TX750m was made by CWT and are much better than the CPT and the reviews listed are for the older but none for the newer. so the question is which one does the store have?

XFX PSUs are all made by seasonic, a highly reputable PSU manufacturer:
PSU REVIEW DATABASE XFX

so just from not knowing which TX750m is available but knowing what you will get with an XFX, i highly suggest looking at the XFX.

to keep it short and not bore you with a bunch of numbers and explanations the XFX 650 watt core edition has two 6 pin and two 8 pin PCI power connections with enough amps on the 12 volt rail to support them. that is good to run any SLI with cards that use one 6 pin and one 8 pin each.

to be honest, if you were going to overclock an AMD FX-8350 which can use 200 watts of power itself, then a 750 watt PSU would be advisable. but overclocking a i5 will take just more than half of that and a 650 will be ok.

but whatever you feel comfortable with.

G

i'm sorry i was making sure what i wrote was spelled right and was correct ( i think too much when i write). . :lol:

the 660 is cheaper. is that not a gold rated? still i think its better. enough connections like the XFX i wrote about.

links to seasonic PSUs:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page678.htm

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Is a gold rated psu and price the same as tx750m, gold and bronze(a little silver in it)
i think its a big deal.. At the same price

I think i should swap my psu with the seasonic psu,

Can i know why seasonic x660 is cheaper then 650? And was discontinue at newegg?

For the ram, i will stick with the vengeance lp.

Yeah, u wrote so long, thank u, no one ever did that to me(in this forum) hahahahaahahahahaha

G

i have no idea why the 660 is cheaper or why new egg discountinued it. just to make sure we are talking about the same PSU.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151104

and a review of the x660:
http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/seasonic-x-series-660w-power-supply-review/

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Yep, we are talking about the same psu, let me google a litle bit why it happen,

Btw thanks for the reply but i still want to talk to u with other stuff out of topic in the same forum,

Can u tell me how can i configure my window, i will be using the my old storage for the moment, and that storage already has window xp on it

Is it i just put my window 7 cd and use it to formate c and install new window?

G

happy to help if i can.

its recommended that you disconnect everything but the hard drive you will be installing W7 on. i forgot exactly why but there are problem if you remove the other hard or it fails. just reconnect the other drive when your done.

if you want to dual boot, but i don't think your asking that, it is only possible after you install W7 then re-install XP; W7 AFIAK has to be the first installation, it's boot manger which would be on the C: drive needs the control.

i see you mentioning the coil whine issue. would you be able to buy the 660 and if it has a whine take it back to get the 650? of course that would cost a few extra but you could also get lucky.

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I mean my current hardisk has window xp on it, i want to delete/change that to window7, i just have 1 storage at the moment and i yes i not gonna dual boot

So what i need to do on my first boot(after boot without gpu,hardrive etc) is to put window 7 cd and format the hardrive(to clear the window xp) and then install fresh window 7?

Is my step is correct?
About the psu, yes 650 is expensive, i will try to add some money on the psu,

I really like that psu, after reading and watching many review

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Loooool, u r so kind until search for that site, btw i not buying from that shop, or from lowyat( a mall where many IT /pc item is sell)
Dont worry, just use usd dollar if u more suitable with it,

for the shop i will be buying, the 660 is rm100 cheaper, 30$ +,

i will probably add extra 30$ extra for seasonic psu,

I will read those link later, btw thanks

G

it wasn't hard to find that store . .there is a link in my sig to a thread that lists worldwide stores.

i understand you have different power outlets in you house but isn't there a adapter?

btw, i have get some sleep tonite, i am in the USA - i'll check in the morning . . which would probably when you're going to sleep.

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I also check on seasonic x650, also using different plug, so as the tx750..

So i should use the adapter? My house using the regular 1363 13amp plug, does when i use the adapter the power is still the same and able to power the psu like normal?

Or can i just use the 1363 13amp plug 240volt buy from hardware shop and use it to power my psu?

After some chat with the shop owner, they out of stock for the seasonic x650... I probably should wait for the restock.. Or take the priceir x750..

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
After some time thinking about this, my best option right now is to take the hx650 watt or try my luck with seasonic x660,

If im taking the x750 due to no stock for x650 right now, im better off to spend the next 60-100$ upgrading i7 3770k, feel like it worth more then bronze psu to gold psu..

What your opinion?

If take the x660 and mine has a coil whine issue, how do i RMA it, 88% of the seller here is not responsible ...c*****e seller..

G

if you could have a problem with RMA the x660, you would have to contact seasonic directly and ask them what the process would be, and the x650 was out of stock but wanted a PSU quickly, then i would look at a bronze PSU but keep the difference for getting the best gpu than getting an i7. the hyperthreading and larger cache of the i7 doesn't help but in a small handful of games. an i5 would still be a very good cpu for quite sometime and i highly doubt it would have any bottlenecking problems unless used in a quad SLI or Xfire setup.

so if the difference is lower @ 60$ i would lean towards the x750 PSU but if its higher like 100$ then i would get the bronze but skip getting an i7 in favor of more $$$ for the gpu. i think the best is the x650/i5 if you can wait.

make sense? - but this is YOUR money and whatever you decide to do is best.

getting an adapter from the hardware store would be fine. if you have the confidence you could get a plug and install it yourself:
245px-Three_pin_mains_plug_%28UK%29.svg.png

the green is earth, red "hot" and blue the neutral. all it would take is a screw driver. uit may seem a little crazy but it isn't a big deal; you may need to snip off the old plug but as long as you do not strip off too much insulation, it will be safe.

but since that plug is common in UK areas; ireland, hong kong, malaysia and singapore, i am surprised the proper plug on the cord would not be included or especially the store selling them wouldn't have adapters.

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Seems the adapter "picture" is dif for both of us, i thought u saying that using the 15 amp plug-plug it to uk adapter-plug into the wall socket

I ask the selller about this, hope he can manage about this plug thing..

I think it the best for me just go with the current part and the seasonic x660 and ask him to check the psu first before he hand it to me

G

the picture is the plug and how to wire it, not of the adapter. being in the states and only spending a little time in italy while in the navy - i am not familiar with your electrical outlet first hand.

i think you have a good plan, at least you understand what your doing, don't let me screw that up. :lol:

Solution

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Oh sorry, im a little late to make a second post, i ask the seller and the 240 volt plug included with the psu varies throught the country,uk,us,my etc..

So im fine with the plug right now, i think everything is fine then, thanks for make me search for the xfx xxx that eventually make me saw the x660 xDDDD

Lastly is the mobo bios, does i need to flash/update the bios first or just use the preinstall bios, i just a little curious if it support all gpu out there.. Expecially pcie 1.0 card.. Or should i use the integrated gpu first? For installing windows and driver/bios etc?