Problem with network adapter

Connorsuds

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
My network suddenly started saying no connection- no connections available. i reinstalled windows 7 and still nothing..
please help!

Connorsuds

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
wired, yes it is the one that connects to internet, and yes i did i just switched graphics cards to the HD 6850, but i couldn't get it to install cause the internet wasn't working. so i went back to my other graphics card and restored it to a sooner time until i got the internet back up.
and now it says not connected no connections available .

RealBeast

Titan
You probably need to setup a new Internet connection: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing>Setup a new connection and then follow the setup routine. By reinstalling you deleted the old network setup and just need to fix that, so not a big issue.

Try not to use system restore unless you have to -- it is better to just uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones. Restore takes the system and programs back to an earlier time with somewhat unpredictable consequences, unless you know everything you have done it the meantime.

RealBeast

Titan
No, you should not have to call anyone, you already have the setup information from when you first did it.

Just setup the connection in Windows again since you restored your operating system to a point where it may not have the connection set up.

Simply go into Windows and setup a new Internet connection: Start Button>Control Panel>Network and Sharing>Setup a new connection and then follow the setup routine.