Solved

Dedicated PhysX card and Primary AMD card

So I currently have a 560 ti but my 7870 is coming in the mail. Can I use my 560 ti as a dedicated PhysX card even though my primary card is AMD?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dedicated physx card primary card
  1. Best answer
    Yes, but you will need a mod. They try and lock PhysX with AMD cards
  2. You possibly can, with modified AMD drivers. Google it, you will find.

Keeping a card just for physx is not a good idea IMO.
    Much better idea : sell the 560ti , and the 7870. And get a 7950/670/7970 card. You will be much much happier.
  3. mayankleoboy1 said:
    You possibly can, with modified AMD drivers. Google it, you will find.

Keeping a card just for physx is not a good idea IMO.
    Much better idea : sell the 560ti , and the 7870. And get a 7950/670/7970 card. You will be much much happier.

Well my mini hdmi port broke so selling it won't be easy. And I have a 900W psu so I should be good.
  4. You can have a PhysX card when theres an AMD primary, but it does require the use of hacked drivers, nothing official.
    Have a look for Hybrid PhysX drivers, that will bring up everything you would need to know on how to do it.
  5. xxaamxx135 said:
    Well my mini hdmi port broke so selling it won't be easy. And I have a 900W psu so I should be good.

your psu had nothing to do with it. that psu has the ability to power 4 7870s if needed.
  6. Google for the Drivers, I don't think we're allowed to give you info in the forums (its sort of hacking)
  7. Guys be careful i think we are not allow to talk about hacks like that
  8. bigcyco1 said:
    Guys be careful i think we are not allow to talk about hacks like that

You just repeated what I said :pfff:
  9. Ravyu said:
    You just repeated what I said :pfff:
    :heink: i did not read what you said. :lol:
  10. Best answer selected by xxaamxx135.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Physx AMD Graphics