BF2 Patch v1.02

Andrew

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:43:28 +0100, "m3thod"
<beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote:

>is out....
>
>http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_071505

"Welcome to the Installshield Wizard for Battlefield 2 patch v1.01"

This doesn't bode well...

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

A quote from the page says:

***********************
NOTE: Upon installing v1.02 you will see references to v1.01. You are not
installing v1.01 but are installing v1.02 (referenced in the game browser
as 2484)
***********************

Regards,
Evert

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Andrew wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:43:28 +0100, "m3thod"
> <beofwithyou@scoundrel.com> wrote:
>
>> is out....
>>
>> http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_071505
>
> "Welcome to the Installshield Wizard for Battlefield 2 patch v1.01"
>
> This doesn't bode well...

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Peter Reaper wrote
>I'm guessing we can install this patch over th 1.0.1 version?

Yep, no problems here doing just that.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

> MAny many thanks. Just bought the game and about to return it as it was
> so buggy.
>

> --
> Conor

Who takes returns on open software??

"Marc" wrote:

>> MAny many thanks. Just bought the game and about to return it as it was
>> so buggy.
>>

>> --
>> Conor
>
> Who takes returns on open software??

The shop he bought it from? Seriously, some UK stores have advertised
"refund if you don't like it" policies in the past.

Not sure which, if any, still do.

higgy.

graham

They've all stopped doing that nowadays (around bournemouth anyway), with PC
games.
I wanted to be able to take it back if it didnt work cos it didnt say it
supported ATI Mobility on the back, and they were all saying well if it
doesnt work you cant bring it back.

Except WH Smiths cos the guy in there said he'll refund if its faulty and
if it doesnt run on what it says on the back then thats as good as faulty.

It wasnt til i got home with it and looked in the booklet that it said
Mobility chips or any other laptops might work but are not supported, shame
the idiots in gamestation and game dont know anything.
But I got it working anyway so it alright, except for all the bugs.

schrodinger

"higgy" <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Marc" wrote:
>
>>> MAny many thanks. Just bought the game and about to return it as it was
>>> so buggy.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Conor
>>
>> Who takes returns on open software??
>
> The shop he bought it from? Seriously, some UK stores have advertised
> "refund if you don't like it" policies in the past.
>
> Not sure which, if any, still do.
>

> higgy.

AFAIK Game still offer a ten day no quibble returns policy.

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In article <dbaqvq$rq5$1@domitilla.aioe.org>, PeterReaper@123mail.org says...
> I'm guessing we can install this patch over th 1.0.1 version?

i installed it over 1.0
No problem ,or it still has to show (did not play much after patching)
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In message <vDcCe.338200$ub.110180@fe07.news.easynews.com>, Schrodinger
<no@way.com> writes

>"higgy" <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Who takes returns on open software??
>>
>> The shop he bought it from? Seriously, some UK stores have advertised
>> "refund if you don't like it" policies in the past.
>>
>> Not sure which, if any, still do.
>>

>> higgy.
>
>AFAIK Game still offer a ten day no quibble returns policy.

Not on PC games anymore :-(
--
Sean Black

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In article <sY6dnWNKoIOLm0TfRVn-gw@rogers.com>, Marc says...

> > MAny many thanks. Just bought the game and about to return it as it was
> > so buggy.
> >

> > --
> > Conor
>
> Who takes returns on open software??

By alw, all of them. SOGA- not fit for the purpose.

--
Conor

schrodinger

"Sean Black" <Gooner@pipex.net> wrote in message
> In message <vDcCe.338200$ub.110180@fe07.news.easynews.com>, Schrodinger
> <no@way.com> writes
>>
>>"higgy" <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> The shop he bought it from? Seriously, some UK stores have advertised
>>> "refund if you don't like it" policies in the past.
>>>
>>> Not sure which, if any, still do.
>>>

>>> higgy.
>>
>>AFAIK Game still offer a ten day no quibble returns policy.
>>

> Not on PC games anymore :-(
> --
> Sean Black

balls. Glad I've stuck to www.gameplay.com for all my recent purchases -
cheaper, less hassle and get days 1 day before release day too!

David

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

>Maybe it's not the game but your hardware causing the blue screens,

Maybe, but this s*cks so much...

> aren't
>you the guy insisting on trying to run it on a slow-assed unsupported
>videocard.

No i'm not.

mb

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:53:02 +0200, David <d@o.fr> wrote:

>>Maybe it's not the game but your hardware causing the blue screens,
>
>Maybe, but this s*cks so much...
>
>> aren't
>>you the guy insisting on trying to run it on a slow-assed unsupported
>>videocard.
>
>No i'm not.

I read recently that BF2 is very picky about running properly on
overclocked mobos or vid cards. If you have any problems at all, try
un-tweaking your system and see how it goes.

I've been running it on an untweaked Dell Dimension 8400 for weeks
without a single crash or lockup.

The blame always goes to the software first, but developers cannot
possibly test on every possible combination of hardware with every
possible overclock settings, etc.