saber_wolf01

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hello,
I'm looking at my first build in the next couple months. I was introduced to "PCPARTPICKER.COM through this site requestiong suggestions for a decent gaming rig on a budget of about $450...

The build suggested the AMD A10-5800k because it had the onboard 7660 until i decided to get a dedicated video card. I would like to stay with AMD because of the affordability. I have looked at the AMD A8-5600k and would like to know if there would be much "sufferage" if i switched from the A10 to the A8. I've looked at some of the youtube videos on both cards and don't see MUCH of a difference. Some opinions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

edtheguy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2012
^ +1

If you are looking for a ready to go budget system for light gaming go with the A10 and no dedicated card (my son even plays Diablo and GW2 on one.)

If you plan on upgrading CPU/GPU down the road (or even using a dedicated GPU) then go intel, the A-series would be pointless in that case, there are plenty of affordable 1155 socket intel cpus that can be upgraded to an I5/I7 down the road.