Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is Gigabyte 2GB 6670 PCI-E VGA Card good for gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 3, 2012 6:37:15 AM

hey guys im going to buy a new graphics card for my PC. I want to know if the Gigabyte 2GB 6670 PCI-E VGA Card is good for games such as BF3 and chivalry medieval warfare



MY PC SPECS

4 GB DDR3 RAM

FX-6100 AMD 6 CORE PROCESSOR

550 W VANTEC PSU

ASUS M5A78L-M


PLEASE HELP
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 6:45:59 AM

Can I have your monitor resolution?
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 6:47:37 AM

Ravyu said:
Can I have your monitor resolution?


1920 x 1080
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 6:59:19 AM

iwas said:
1920 x 1080

Sorry bro, you need at least a HD 7850 2 GB (or 1 GB) (A GTX 650 ti is also good, but this is better and almost same price) to get a comfortable framerate on max settings. However, you could go tone down the settings to low-medium and get good fps on the HD 6670 :) 
Share
December 3, 2012 7:01:34 AM

Ravyu said:
Sorry bro, you need at least a HD 7850 2 GB (or 1 GB) (A GTX 650 ti is also good, but this is better and almost same price) to get a comfortable framerate on max settings. However, you could go tone down the settings to low-medium and get good fps on the HD 6670 :) 



thanks
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 7:01:52 AM

Best answer selected by iwas.
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 7:06:53 AM

Ravyu said:
Sorry bro, you need at least a HD 7850 2 GB (or 1 GB) (A GTX 650 ti is also good, but this is better and almost same price) to get a comfortable framerate on max settings. However, you could go tone down the settings to low-medium and get good fps on the HD 6670 :) 



hey man so if i bring the settings down on the Gigabyte 2GB 6670 PCI-E VGA Card a little i can play at a good frame rate right??


ANOTHER THING IS THE (Gigabyte 2GB 6670 PCI-E VGA Card) HD????
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 7:09:58 AM

Yes and Yes.

In fact, you can watch 3D blu-rays on it if you have a 3D monitor (but not 3D gaming :(  ) and a Blu- Ray Drive

Happy Gaming!!
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 7:12:18 AM

Ravyu said:
Yes and Yes.

In fact, you can watch 3D blu-rays on it if you have a 3D monitor (but not 3D gaming :(  ) and a Blu- Ray Drive

Happy Gaming!!





thanks man you were very helpful and lastly id like to ask if my PSU will be able to support all of it
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 7:17:44 AM

iwas said:
thanks man you were very helpful and lastly id like to ask if my PSU will be able to support all of it


Is your brand Antec? Or Vantec?

And can you give me the specific model please? :bounce: 
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 7:18:59 AM

Ravyu said:
Is your brand Antec? Or Vantec?

And can you give me the specific model please? :bounce: 



Ok
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 7:34:07 AM

Ravyu said:
Is your brand Antec? Or Vantec?

And can you give me the specific model please? :bounce: 



BRAND:Vantec

MODEL:van-550n

WATTS:550

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 8:04:46 AM

Hmm... Not too great, but will suffice. If you have the money later you can get this (It's the cheapest I can find that is of a good brand, if you have more money later, you can always get a better one-

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=76034&vpn=CP%2D9020046%2D...

It's important to have a well known brand PSU as they're always of good quality (this one isnt unfortunately) as having an unknown one might lose its power over time and even damage your system :) 
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 8:13:24 AM

Ravyu said:
Hmm... Not too great, but will suffice. If you have the money later you can get this (It's the cheapest I can find that is of a good brand, if you have more money later, you can always get a better one-

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=76034&vpn=CP%2D9020046%2D...

It's important to have a well known brand PSU as they're always of good quality (this one isnt unfortunately) as having an unknown one might lose its power over time and even damage your system :) 


so it will support right? at least for now
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 8:16:41 AM

iwas said:
so it will support right?

Yes :D 

But maybe for another 1 -2 years before the PSU starts to get weary.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 8:56:47 AM

You don't need a 2GB Card. Why? Because until you don't go above 1240x1024 ULTRA settings your card will not cross 1GB. And a 6670 will not reach that high settings.

So get the card listed in the above comment.
m
0
l
!