Game lagging in nvidia 630m while on batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwarrior121

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I've a brand new lenovo z580. i5 3rd gen, 4gb ram, 1gb 630 m nvidia. When i run my games on battery power, games like nfs ms 2 starts to take lag. While on ac power it just runs fine. Plz help me with this problem... :bounce:

Solution
when your ac power goes out your laptop is configured to reduce the amount of power used by the laptop to increase the battery life and reduce discharge rate
in the case of gaming the laptop is using a lot of power because all the components in the laptop are running in their maximum ability,
so when the ac power is swithced of the laptop will get much less power from the batteries thereby the laptop will not be able to work in its max potential.
so this is nothing to worry abt,this also happens in my laptop also.

Ravyu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Ok, when your on battery power, go to the battery saving options found by right clicking on the batter icon on the lower right part of your desktop. Over there, choose the one that is on high performance (should be hidden, you might have to click on the arrow to reveal the other options)

Keep in mind that this will decrease your battery power a lot, so it isn't recommended for long hours of play ;)

zwarrior121

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hey bro , when i right click on the batteries it shows 2 opt. :- Balanced and Power saver. So which one should i select???? High performance se not given there. Since nvidia uses optimus tech. to save the battery and its primarily runny on my intel hd 4000. So is that also a reason :eek:

assassin1234

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
when your ac power goes out your laptop is configured to reduce the amount of power used by the laptop to increase the battery life and reduce discharge rate
in the case of gaming the laptop is using a lot of power because all the components in the laptop are running in their maximum ability,
so when the ac power is swithced of the laptop will get much less power from the batteries thereby the laptop will not be able to work in its max potential.
so this is nothing to worry abt,this also happens in my laptop also.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts