Closed Solved

Noob question

So im gonna start ordering the parts for my gaming pc but every review for the evga gtx 680 has been done with multiple moniters or at 4k resolution. My noob question is, will this graphics card work for my humble single 1080p moniter setup?
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about noob question
  1. Yes.
  2. Best answer
    GTX 680 will work for your setup and give very awesome performance.

    But I would suggest you to get a Radeon 7970.
  3. Sumukjh_Bhagat why would you suggest a Radeon 7970? so far Ive only looked at one comparison of the two. I read about the gtx680 crashing a lot so i looked at that, then i read the verge's comparison, im still on the fence about either
  4. Radeon 7970 outperforms every card.
    Have alook here, it will be very helpful:
    http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page4.html

    Not GTX 690 because its a dual gpu card.
  5. Sumukh_Bhagat said:
    Radeon 7970 outperforms every card.
    Have alook here, it will be very helpful:
    http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page4.html

    Not GTX 690 because its a dual gpu card.


    I see, thanks for the site :D
    Btw what power supply would you recomend?
  6. Best answer selected by nextgendpxd.
  7. Whats the rest of the system and is Crossfire/SLI a concern?

    A 550W PSU should be fine for an overclocked system with either a single 680 or 7970. Though many people get 650W for the added headroom and generally higher quality units found at this wattage.
    If dual Crossfire/SLI is a concern, then get a 750W unit.
    Brands to buy from. Seasonic, Corsair, XFX.
  8. You should at-least get a Corsair 650w PSU.
  9. A 7970 does not out preform a 680 the 680 is faster but the 7970GHz does out preform a 680 see http://imageshack.us/a/img443/9663/1211drivers86.jpg
  10. Cool, a new spambot!
  11. manofchalk said:
    Cool, a new spambot!
    :lol: :pfff: dam spammers!
  12. bigcyco1 said:
    A 7970 does not out preform a 680 the 680 is faster but the 7970GHz does out preform a 680 see http://imageshack.us/a/img443/9663/1211drivers86.jpg



    Pretty easy for all non-GHz 7970's to reach 1GHz...
  13. RussK1 said:
    Pretty easy for all non-GHz 7970's to reach 1GHz...
    If were talking overclocking that's a different story of course the 7970 will OC better ;) Assuming they will overclock if not their better off getting the highest factory oc card they can afford.
  14. bigcyco1 said:
    If were talking overclocking that's a different story of course the 7970 will OC better ;) Assuming they will overclock if not their better off getting the highest factory oc card they can afford.


    +1

    It can be done via CCC with no third party software needed. Although I like modifying the fan curve...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product