Full screen issues when running FarCry3

G

Hello,

My problem is that when try to run farcry in full screen it switches between fully displaying the game in full screen to being completly black? and it continues going back and forth between full display and nothing about once every second?

Im running it at 1920x1080, i have a Radeon HD 7770 with up-to-date drivers and i have no idea why this is happening? any help would be much appreicated

Thanks

G

Well honistly this is my first PC game, im trying to move off consoles and start PC gaming as i have been told its much better

mark2009

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
ok id reccomend you try another pc game for the reason it MAY be driver related as i am on a amd 7870with no issues what driver version do you have installed ?

mark2009

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
here is a link to a question of a simlier nature where the gamer gets cut off games with no signal

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120730082148AAG5uSf

the only other reason i could think of is that the 7770 is just not powerful enough to run farcry 3 bare in mind im going on what ive read but apparently the 7970 just gets comfortable FPS on the highest settings so depending on your settings id be looking somewhere along those lines

hope i helped