1394 net adapter keeps enabling itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

butchholland

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I am using suddenlink intel pro/100 but my 1394 connection keeps enabling itself. this causes my screensaver webshots and my power options to quit working and computer shuts off on it's own. I disable 1394 connection in networks connections and then have to do a system restore to make things work right. A day or 2 later I have to do it all over again. It seems to have all started when I downloaded MS .Net framework 4.0 for a music program I don't really need. should I delete .net framework or is that a mistake. Any info at all would be great please. Thank you

Solution
That should work fine too.

Don't worry if you ever have to go into the bios though -- it really is not scary if you only make specific changes and remember what they are, and you can always get back into the bios and change everything back to default settings with one click.

RealBeast

Titan
Disable 1394 support in your motherboard bios if you don't use it for anything, then it will not be available. I would try this before resorting to deleting .net.

And make sure you have your data backed up if you keep having to do system restores.

butchholland

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Thank you for such a quick reply and advise. Do you mind if I ask you if I did it right, I am far from being a wiz on this stuff. I went to control panel/system/device manager. I found IEEE 1394 bus host controllers and just chose disable and ok. I always freak out when someone says to do something in Bios. The bios is way out of my league and a good way to ooof up if you don't know what your doing. Thanks again for the help and just holler if there is anything I can do for you.
Butch

RealBeast

Titan
That should work fine too.

Don't worry if you ever have to go into the bios though -- it really is not scary if you only make specific changes and remember what they are, and you can always get back into the bios and change everything back to default settings with one click.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.