You guys see any issues with this build??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pede69

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Purpose: HDTVBox: - Streaming & lite to medium games.

Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0

The rest: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y4y7

OK...OK... I know the mobo is overkill, but damn it, I just want it. Call it future proofing or whatever.

Something that I am confused about... Do I use the HDMI on the GPU (USING a DVI to HDMI adapter)
or do I use the HDMI out on the mobo?

Thanks guys,
John

Solution
G
You need to take out the video card first in order to use the HDMI on the mobo. If all goes well you should have a display; if not put the video back and tweak BIOS. When a video card is plugged in it only uses the output on the video card.
G

I've never seen a new graphics card that's under 1GB since 2012... Get a better one when your budget allows you to. Use a DVI-to-HDMI adapter unless you want to use Intel's substandard integrated graphics. However I don't think DVI supports audio, so you might have to plug in seperate audio if you use an adapter.

pede69

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Wow...damn it...

Your right, (DVI no audio) so what is the best way to approach this now?

I guess I could use the audio outs from the mobo and use a DVI to HDMI adapter for video... but I still have not had my other question answered...

If I use the HDMI output that's on the mobo, how does that effect the video card? Will the system still use the card for graphics processing power or exactly what will happen here?

Thanks,
John

G

You need to take out the video card first in order to use the HDMI on the mobo. If all goes well you should have a display; if not put the video back and tweak BIOS. When a video card is plugged in it only uses the output on the video card.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.