Help! Stop taskbar from mysteriously jumping out?

networm

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2005
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

This is annoying.

The taskbar jumps out all the time.

For maximizing viewing area, I set the taskbar to be auto-hide.

But the taskbar mysteriously/unwantedly jumps out all the time and once it
jumps out, it does not go easily. I had to click randomly to get it go away.

Obviously it wants to notify me something.

But I don't want it to jump out unless I hover my mouse onto it...

What can I do?

I have already disabled the "notification balloon" by using a regedit key...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Kelly T has a Taskbar Repair tool that might help. check here

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp