Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 6670 - 2 or 3 monitors? No DP Port.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2012 6:46:09 PM

I have a 6670 card in my PC which has a DVI, HDMI, and VGA port. If I'm reading the internet correctly I can only have 2 monitors on a card that does not have a DP port correct?

If so, what is the best way to get 3 monitors going. I have a 3rd monitor staged and ready that has a VGA and DVI port.

Should I buy another cheap card. I've been getting some 1GB cards for 40 that work and put it on. Or should I get another card that has a DP port on it?

This is for a work PC only. No games.
a b C Monitor
December 3, 2012 7:18:11 PM

An HD 6670 without DP output port can only support 2 monitors indeed. I'd suggest getting another cheap AMD card if your motherboard has a second slot - something like HD 5450 will do.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Though, if you choose to buy a different card, make sure it is an AMD card. You would be calling trouble by trying to run both AMD and Nvidia card at the same time on one PC.
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 3, 2012 7:44:14 PM

I beleive the 'official' rules for multi monitors only allows for 2 non-DP displays no matter which AMD card you get.
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 3, 2012 8:05:30 PM

Which card specifically? It is possible, though unlikely, that the card was designed to use all 3 ports and actively converts the dp signal within the card. Some are built this way, though I'd be surprised to find it on a 6670.
m
l
Related resources
!