Ready to Buy, comments?

I'm ready to pull the trigger and wanted to check with the experts to see if I'm missing anything or if there is a compatibility issue.

I have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for looking.

**edit to add links, sorry.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7406366&sku=B69-1469

ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Motherboard - ATX, 4x DIMM, DDR3, Socket 1155, PCIe 3.0, Intel Z77 Chipset, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, DVI, DisplayPort
Intel Core BX80637I53470 i5-3470 Processor - Quad Core, 3.2GHz, 6M Cache, SSE4.1, Core i5, LGA 1155
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 02G-P4-2662-KR Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready, Superclocked, Dual-Slot
Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty w/ Registration
Thermaltake Versa II VO700A1N3N Mid Tower Case - ATX, 7 Expansion Slots, 3x5.25" Drive Bays, 1xUSB 2.0 Ports, 1xUSB 3.0 Ports, 2xAudio Ports, 120mm Fan

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2372752&sku=I69-7033

Intel 330 SSDSC2CT180A3K5 180GB Solid State Drive

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=40739&sku=C13-5720

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Desktop Memory

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5213932&sku=M17-7302

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OSS

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4814646&sku=S203-8592%20OEM

Samsung SH-224BB/RSBS Internal 24X DVD Burner

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=744346&sku=TSD-1000AS7

Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive
7 answers Last reply
More about ready comments
  1. Your cart is empty. At least that's what I get when I click the link.

    -Wolf sends
  2. Added links and descriptions, sorry.
  3. Aside from the power supply, it all looks good to me.

    I'd probably look at either this Corsair CX600 V2 or this PC Power and Cooling Silencer MKIII (<-- I have this myself).

    Sweet spot for SSDs is around 120GB, but if you're sure you're going to need that much space for your programs, there's nothing wrong with that size. I don't know enough about brands to suggest alternatives.

    -Wolf sends
  4. Quote:
    Sweet spot for SSDs is around 120GB, but if you're sure you're going to need that much space for your programs, there's nothing wrong with that size. I don't know enough about brands to suggest alternatives.


    I personally hate Intel drives and will not recommend them - there's far better drives on the market that you could go with. I like the OCZ Vector but that can get really costly, the Vertex 4 is good, as is the Samsung 840. But really - do not purchase an Intel SSD.

    Synner said:

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7406366&sku=B69-1469

    ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Motherboard - ATX, 4x DIMM, DDR3, Socket 1155, PCIe 3.0, Intel Z77 Chipset, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, DVI, DisplayPort
    Intel Core BX80637I53470 i5-3470 Processor - Quad Core, 3.2GHz, 6M Cache, SSE4.1, Core i5, LGA 1155
    EVGA GeForce GTX 660 02G-P4-2662-KR Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready, Superclocked, Dual-Slot
    Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty w/ Registration


    Absolutely no on the power supply - it's one of the worst brands you could purchase. For your budget I'd suggest something like this:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($251.97 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $945.44
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-18 15:23 EST-0500)
  5. Gigabye GA-970A-UD3 AM3+: $118

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb: $85

    CM HAF 912: $60

    Corsair Builder Series CX600 600W: $60 before $20 rebate

    CM Hyper 212 EVO: $30 before $5 rebate

    Sapphire Vapor-X 100352VXSR Radeon HD 7950 3GB: $330 before $20 rebate

    $663 before $45 rebates

    Your stuff: $675 before $35 rebates
  6. Wisecracker said:
    Gigabye GA-970A-UD3 AM3+: $118

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb: $85

    CM HAF 912: $60

    Corsair Builder Series CX600 600W: $60 before $20 rebate

    CM Hyper 212 EVO: $30 before $5 rebate

    Sapphire Vapor-X 100352VXSR Radeon HD 7950 3GB: $330 before $20 rebate

    $663 before $45 rebates

    Your stuff: $675 before $35 rebates


    Why would you even remotely consider a 965 on a $900 budget? You could get a 3570K easily and still have enough money for a good 7950.
  7. Build one, then.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product