I have a PC that is a year old and it has an Nvidia MX 128 MB card installed
in it. I have a system that has 512 MB of memory and the processor is 2.1
Ghz. My operating system is Windows XP. My question is how can I get my
computer to run some of the brand new games like Doom 3 more effectively.
What can I do to tweak it so they can run better?

"Chris W." <Chris W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a PC that is a year old and it has an Nvidia MX 128 MB card
>installed
> in it. I have a system that has 512 MB of memory and the processor is 2.1
> Ghz. My operating system is Windows XP. My question is how can I get my
> computer to run some of the brand new games like Doom 3 more effectively.
> What can I do to tweak it so they can run better?

Not a lot realistically.

Even spending hours on some of the "tweak" guides on the internet will get
you no more then a couple of % that you won't be able to notice.

Other then the obvious, don't have masses of heavy things running in the
background, lower the graphics settings in the games themselves, keep the
system up to date with new drivers, and don't have anti-aliasing etc on in
the driver settings if you're getting bad frame rates.

Dropping say a Radeon 9600/9800 Pro 128MB into the machine would give it
quite a boost game wise.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

I agree with the video card upgrade, however you've still got
a bottleneck effect going with such a low power processor.

I do have a "tweak guide" but as Paul said, it's negligible. :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.