Looking to get a new CPU, Motherboard and Memory for 1080p Streaming

barnaclesgarona

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Hi there

I'm looking to get a new motherboard, CPU, and memory for the purposes of streaming my League of Legends games as well as playing other games and potentially streaming them in the future. I have an unlimited budget, but I really want to have the best bang for my buck. I don't want to go out and drop a G note on the absolute best just because, nor do I want to penny pinch. Probably around 200-400 dollars all together would seem reasonable to me, depending on the performance.

I have a 128 GB Crucial SSD, 660Ti 3GB x1 PCIe 3.0 EVGA, Asus EVO M5A99x AM3+ socket, CoolerMaster HAF922 Mid case, AMD Athlon II 640@ 3.4ghz OC.

I wouldn't mind overclocking the CPU a little bit, but I don't want to spend 5 hours setting it up and stress testing to push it to the absolute limit either. Not really bothered. I wouldn't mind the room to do so if I find myself having performance issues in future games with more demanding CPU load, so OCing is a definite YES

I would potentially do SLI, but I don't see it at this point unless it becomes very economical to do so. Graphics right now are more than adequate to play League (this thing doesn't even go up to 33% stock clock to get 60 FPS on League at max settings... kind of overkill)

I don't need crap tons of memory, just the room to add more. 8GB would be fine unless more is needed for streaming which it is not.

I would like to get perhaps and EVGA motherboard, but if that pushes the total cost past 600 it's probably not worth it.

PS: I have a CoolerMaster hyper EVO w/e the thing is, 35 dollar air cooler. The good one. You know the one.

PPS: I have a Corsair CX600 PSU.

Well.. this seems somewhat easy.

i5-3570k, an evo will get it to 4.4 GHz with ease.

AsRock z77 Extreme 4

Either 8GB (2x4GB sticks) of Ares ram, which is good low profile ram, or the same of Samsung, if you can find it. (If you don't mind overclocking your ram, this is by FAR the best ram out there right now.)

As for streaming, the best thing you could do if it causes lag is to buy a second SSD to use as a scratch disk - basically instead of reading and writing from the same drive, you're reading from your boot drive, and recording to your scratch disk - even a 64GB SATA II drive is a great option for this, but I recommend a Vertex 4.

camohanna

Distinguished

+1

barnaclesgarona

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011

barnaclesgarona

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011

Thanks.

Also, I'm considering finding another board as the ones listed on Newegg are very expensive (Newegg usually ships from the USA and taxes bring the bill over 500 for me just for those two parts)

I was looking at this:
http://www.amazon.ca/Gigabyte-CrossFireX-NVIDIA-Motherboard-GA-Z77X-UD3H/dp/B007R21JJK/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_img_c

Is there another motherboard you might recommend? The other thing is that Asrock is unavailable on Amazon right now.

Thanks!