Athlon X4 640 and HD 7870 2GB

Will Athlon x4 640 Stock be an bottleneck for MSI Radeon HD7870 2GB OC ?
15 answers Last reply
More about athlon 7870
  1. depends on the game.
  2. The CPU should not be a bottleneck for the card. It's not the best gaming CPU mostly due to the low clockspeed but that's a different issue than bottlenecking. If you can overclock that would help.
  3. anort3 said:
    The CPU should not be a bottleneck for the card. It's not the best gaming CPU mostly due to the low clockspeed but that's a different issue than bottlenecking. If you can overclock that would help.

Oh ok thanks for help :)
  4. esrever said:
    depends on the game.

BF3, Skyrim,Crysis,GTA 4 ?
  5. Alexzvs15 said:
    BF3, Skyrim,Crysis,GTA 4 ?

nope, a little, nope, nope
  6. esrever said:
    nope, a little, nope, nope

How much FPS drop ill get in skyrim with this CPU if i will play at 1920x1080 res all maxed out
  7. Well it wont be good for a 7870, it will limit the card, in my opinion the 7850 2GB will be a more ballanced choice for that cpu.
  8. djangoringo said:
    Well it wont be good for a 7870, it will limit the card, in my opinion the 7850 2GB will be a more ballanced choice for that cpu.

Yeah i already planned to buy Msi hd 7850 2 gb OC but now i saw that 7870 costs just 20 $ more and its performs better in newest games
  9. Skyrim, BF3 multiplayer and GTA IV all need a fast CPU. As I said overclocking will help.

The 7870 is a better choice for $20 more.
  10. That CPU has no L3 and is slow compared even to today's low end CPUs. Now, 7870 is a GTX660ti level card, for your info both these cards are slightly faster than a GTX580. I think the CPU will create tangible bottlenecks in most of the recent game titles
  11. technoholic said:
    That CPU has no L3 and is slow compared even to today's low end CPUs. Now, 7870 is a GTX660ti level card, for your info both these cards are slightly faster than a GTX580. I think the CPU will create tangible bottlenecks in most of the recent game titles

Hmm well in that case ill try to get new CPU, i found 2 Phenom Cpu's but i cant choose wich one should i take- AMD Phenom II X6 1045T @ 2.7 Ghz OR AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3,4 Ghz . Wich one should i take ? Wich will perform better ?
  12. Alexzvs15 said:
    Hmm well in that case ill try to get new CPU, i found 2 Phenom Cpu's but i cant choose wich one should i take- AMD Phenom II X6 1045T @ 2.7 Ghz OR AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3,4 Ghz . Wich one should i take ? Wich will perform better ?

965 BE is a more practical and cheaper choice which is relatively better for gaming only and easier to overclock. X6 is a 6 core CPU which may be faster than 965 BE in some situations like heavily multi-threaded apps, media transcoding etc though you need to make a research and see what is better for your needs. Only you can decide what is right for you
  13. hey guys i just found out about this "Bottleneck" thing.... it means that you dont get the performance you should from your GPU ? if you have a bad CPU? something like that? dont judge me plz im noob :/
    Because i have this gigabyte 7870 2gb OC with an AMD fX 6300.... can someone tell me plz? :(
  14. d1versify said:
    hey guys i just found out about this "Bottleneck" thing.... it means that you dont get the performance you should from your GPU ? if you have a bad CPU? something like that? dont judge me plz im noob :/
    Because i have this gigabyte 7870 2gb OC with an AMD fX 6300.... can someone tell me plz? :(

You should start your own thread but the answer is no, no bottlenecks there.
  15. anort3 said:
    You should start your own thread but the answer is no, no bottlenecks there.

sorry :/
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Bottleneck HD Radeon Graphics MSI-Microstar