Does it work??

I am building a custom gaming pc and would like to know of the parts i choose work ok together:
Here are my parts:
- Intel Core i3 3225
- Cooler master GX Lite 500W
- Kingston HyperX blu
- LG GH24NS90 Super Multi
- WD Caviar Blue
- Cooler master Elite 430
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650
- Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2

I would appreciated if anybody could help me!! It's my first pc so i don't want it to brake...
9 answers Last reply
More about does work
  1. Yes but how much ram is that? Try to get a 2x4gb for a total of 8gb in dual channel, the speed should be 1600mhz. That PSU is crap, get a Corsair CX500. Not sure about that motherboard. What are you using this system for? If it's gaming, you don't want that card. What is your monitor resolution? You should get a GTX 650 Ti instead it is only about $10-20 CAD more and you gain so much more performance.
  2. Depending on what BIOS version that motherboard ships with, you may have some problems getting it to recognise the processor. Best going with a newer H77 or Z77 motherboard. There isn't much of a price difference.

The RAM you listed comes in several different speeds. Can't say whether it will be compatible without knowing the speed. Should be something like DDR3-1600

The rest looks fine but I could suggest quite a few improvements (I will when I get 10 mins free).

EDIT: Improvements I had in mind have already been suggested above ^^ PSU and GPU
  3. whats ur country of origin and ur maximum budget?
  4. iceclock said:
    whats ur country of origin and ur maximum budget?

maximum budget is 600 euros, I live in Belgium so it is kind of hard to find some stores.
  5. completelyrandomname said:
    Yes but how much ram is that? Try to get a 2x4gb for a total of 8gb in dual channel, the speed should be 1600mhz. That PSU is crap, get a Corsair CX500. Not sure about that motherboard. What are you using this system for? If it's gaming, you don't want that card. What is your monitor resolution? You should get a GTX 650 Ti instead it is only about $10-20 CAD more and you gain so much more performance.

This pc is for gaming and ill try what you said thanks!
  6. This is my new list for the parts, does all of this work together???
    - Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M
    - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    - Kingston HyperX blu is a DD3R-1600
    - Intel Core i3 3225
    - Cooler master GX Lite 500W
    - Kingston HyperX blu
    - WD Caviar Blue
    Thanks for the replies.
  7. 2 power supplies and no motherboard. That ain't guna work!
    And there is no case to put it in!

I think you made some typos ;)
  8. casper1973 said:
    2 power supplies and no motherboard. That ain't guna work!
    And there is no case to put it in!

I think you made some typos ;)

Sorry i messed it up the real list is:
    - Kingston HyperX blu
    - WD Caviar Blue
    - Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M
    - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    - Kingston HyperX blu is a DD3R-1600
    - Intel Core i3 3225
    - Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
    Did I get it right this time?
  9. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/fr/p/yq3a
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/fr/p/yq3a/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/fr/p/yq3a/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor (€109.90 @ Amazon France)
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake CLP0598 45.1 CFM CPU Cooler (€24.49 @ Amazon France)
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (€74.89 @ Amazon France)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€43.77 @ Amazon France)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€55.94 @ Amazon France)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card (€114.90 @ Amazon France)
    Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case (€53.31 @ Amazon France)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (€84.89 @ Amazon France)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (€28.00 @ Amazon France)
    Total: €590.09
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-19 19:05 CET+0100)

Total: €590.09

more solid build with better parts my friend.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cooler Master Systems