One Cool Cow

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I am planning to run two monitors, I am wondering if I can run two different graphics cards (GeForce EVGA 560 Ti 1 GB and GeForce EVGA 660 2 GB) for them or if they need to be the same. I am a bit of a newbie so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Plug both monitors into the gtx 660, try to sell the gtx 560 ti. If you don't want to sell it you can put it in your computer and set it as a dedicated physx card. You still will only have your monitors plugged into the 660 though.

Before putting the gtx 560 ti in as a physx card ( if you choose to do this ) make sure your PSU can support both cards at the same time.
Plug both monitors into the gtx 660, try to sell the gtx 560 ti. If you don't want to sell it you can put it in your computer and set it as a dedicated physx card. You still will only have your monitors plugged into the 660 though.

Before putting the gtx 560 ti in as a physx card ( if you choose to do this ) make sure your PSU can support both cards at the same time.

Solution

Oh you don't have the 660 yet, you can run 2 monitors off a single gtx 560 ti. No reason to buy the 660 unless you need the upgrade in power, the 560 supports up to 2 monitors while the 660 can support 4.

The gtx 560 ti will run games fine - wait till next generation to buy a new card. Adding the second monitor won't tax your card anymore in games. You will only be gaming on one monitor and the other will be for web/chat things i would assume, and that uses like no GPU power.