Solved

Hard drive help on new build?

i recently built a computer, and booted it up (which works fine) and tried to install windows 7. well, windows could not recognize my hard drive, so i could not install it anywhere. i have fiddled with my hard drive power and SATA connectors but i cant seem to get it to work, any ideas?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hard drive build
  1. Best answer
    Can you hear whirring from the drive? Does it become hot?
  2. i fixed it, i just didnt have the SATA cable plugged into the mobo right. i guess i was to gentle, its my first build and i didnt want to break anything. thanks anyway
  3. gommer556 said:
    i fixed it, i just didnt have the SATA cable plugged into the mobo right. i guess i was to gentle, its my first build and i didnt want to break anything. thanks anyway

That is 9 out of 10 problem. at least it works in the end :) enjoy your computer and dont die waiting for windows to install!
  4. camohanna said:
    That is 9 out of 10 problem. at least it works in the end :) enjoy your computer and dont die waiting for windows to install!

thanks man, just got everything on my computer that i want. its great! thanks for your help
  5. gommer556 said:
    thanks man, just got everything on my computer that i want. its great! thanks for your help

Your welcome, dont forget best answer *hint* *hint* ;)
  6. Best answer selected by gommer556.
  7. camohanna said:
    Your welcome, dont forget best answer *hint* *hint* ;)

lol there you go
  8. Your welcome and thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hard Drives New Build Systems