Modem trouble w/ a conexant/riptide

G

Ok I have an HSF Conexant/riptide integrated sound card modem. It came with the HP Pavilion my dad got from Ford when they gave out all those PCs for free w/internet access.
Well I installed a Diamond Supramax PCI 56k v.92 modem in there till I got more parts for the computer I am building in which the Supramax is going to go.
Well after I installed it I couldnt use the conexant modem anymore even though I left it in there because I wanted sound. I use PeoplePC online.
When I try to connect to the internet with the conexant modem windows give me the blue screen of death with a Fatal Exception OE 0028:######### (# = the various numbers I get every time i try to connect with it).
In order to try dialing again with that modem I have to restart the computer becuase anything I then try to do with the peoplepc connection device gets sluggish.
I tried moving the card into all the other PCI slots, and tried reinstalling the drivers each time also tried installing drivers from the internet as well. None of this has worked.
Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

G

No one has any idea on whats wrong or how to fix it or how to go about diagnosing this?