Sign in with
Your question

Trading PC with 4 Screen

Last response: in Systems
January 18, 2013 10:10:49 PM

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me build my trading pc. I want to build a PC that's fast and reliable. My main usage will be 2 or 3 stock and forex trading application running same time with loads of windows updating charts and also some other applications like listen to some website broadcasting, twitter, skype etc. I will be using PC for at least 6 hours a day. I will be using 4 monitors and might want to add another in future. I won't be playing any games.

I'm in UK and I have been quoted around £800 to build system for me which includes following list of items but if any one with experience suggests some alternatives then I would like to build the system my self.

Black ATX Tower Case
Intel I7 3770K
Corsair 8GB PC3 1333Mhz memory
2 X Nvidia GeForce GT610
Asus P8Z77 V pro motherboard
Corsair 750W PSU
500 GB Harddrive and 120GB SDD for windows installation
Samsung DVD writer

Any help is much appreciated.

More about : trading screen

January 18, 2013 10:17:28 PM

I'd get 1600 MHZ, just so everything can run a little bit smoother.
No go on the 610, bad idea, I'd go with 2x 650's
you don't need 750w, 400-600 will do fine.
January 18, 2013 10:26:04 PM

Thanks for the reply Kiowa789.

Do you think if I can built same or similar system for may be around £600 and still serves my purpose?
Related resources
January 18, 2013 10:29:51 PM

Hi :) 

I own computer shops in the UK and have built machines for traders, including the 4 way stand for the monitors...

They cost a LOT more than you are talking about.... think several thousand... including Monitors and Stand...

All the best Brett :) 
January 18, 2013 10:31:59 PM

Thanks Brett928S2

Yes I know it will be much more if I include cost of monitors and stand etc.

I was just wondering if I can save some money with the quote I got provided.
January 18, 2013 10:36:03 PM

aka189 said:
Thanks Brett928S2

Yes I know it will be much more if I include cost of monitors and stand etc.

I was just wondering if I can save some money with the quote I got provided.

Whoever gave you that quote has NEVER built a machine SUCH AS THE ONE YOU WANT...

The graphics cards are not suitable...

If you don't believe me ... ask them about ULTRAMON .... its a piece of software you will NEED to buy (not expensive) but I seriously doubt they will even know what it is without looking it up....

January 18, 2013 10:38:11 PM

Oops forgot the price...around 40 quid...

January 18, 2013 10:42:52 PM

Hi Brett thanks for the information,

I guess I would have to do some more research before buying then and considering experience you have building these system I guess I should not build on my own

Thanks for the help
January 18, 2013 10:46:41 PM

aka189 said:
Hi Brett thanks for the information,

I guess I would have to do some more research before buying then and considering experience you have building these system I guess I should not build on my own

Thanks for the help

I cannot and will not sell you a system, even if you asked as it would bias my advice here...

But look at it this way....

Hopefully, you will be making a LOT of money trading as a Professional, why would you get amateurs to build you a system....

Buy from someone who KNOWS what you are talking about, and no insult intended , but not yourself :) 

How much money would you lose if that system went down for several hours or days...

January 18, 2013 10:52:40 PM

Hi Brett,

I understand what you're saying. This is the first time I'm going to 4 screen upto now only using a laptop and a desktop which is not enough now.

But the quote I got was from a company http://www.computerplanet.co.uk so I though they might be good
January 18, 2013 11:01:00 PM

aka189 said:
Hi Brett,

I understand what you're saying. This is the first time I'm going to 4 screen upto now only using a laptop and a desktop which is not enough now.

But the quote I got was from a company http://www.computerplanet.co.uk so I though they might be good

I had a look at their site ...lol

The machines are too cheap, they build them and deliver next day lol, they give you WEBROOT as Anti Virus (we and they get that free with motherboards , but WE drop ours in the bin unopened) its rubbish...

Find a LOCAL Computer shop near you which will build it themselves and more importantly , include ON SITE WARRANTY IN THE QUOTED PRICE....

So if it does go wrong they come out to you within a couple of hours , as we do...

May 28, 2013 2:45:36 PM

Hi can you post your configuration if it worked for you.

Im building my own Trading PC with 3 24” monitors included. Heres the list - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Dinesh/saved/1F7I

Im going to refine it more later

One advice you can customize the PC on Dells website or other website and add quotes on PCPicker to find out how much it will cost.

For multi monitors im looking for purchasing 3 poles with twin vesa mounts on it which will give me 6 monitors at very low cost. Heres the website you can call them ans ask for advice there springarm is good and cost less than ergotron - http://www.allcam.biz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29...
!