Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How much should I sell this used Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 18, 2013 10:18:48 PM

I wanted to get your opinions on what you think is a good price to sell this gaming computer. I bought it from the original owner who put it together and I have had no issues, so you can assume it is in excellent condition. The components are listed below.

Motherboard - Asus P6t Delux
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
HardDrive - Primary - OCZ-AGILITY3 60GB / Secondary - Hitachi 1 Tera
CPU - Intel Core i7-960, 3333 MHz @ 3.20 GHz -
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 -
Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro1000 1000W 80+ Certified
Case - COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Also, wanted to include that Windows Ratings are as follows.

Processor: 7.5
Memory (RAM): 7.9
Graphics: 7.7
Gaming graphics: 7.7
Primary hard disk: 5.9
(I currently have the SSD 60gb as my primary, and the 1 tb hitachi as secondary)

So if you had this computer what would you be aiming to sell it for.


Thanks,

More about : sell gaming

January 18, 2013 10:24:24 PM

saved space.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 18, 2013 11:06:51 PM

Ouch... Really a tough call. It's still a beast of a system and would certainly hold it's own against today's systems, but the plain and simple fact is, it's old tech. I think Intel screwed a lot of people when socket 1366 (and 1156) was killed off so quickly. No PCI-E 3.0. No USB 3.0. No SATA III. I'd have a hard time asking for more that $500 and that's only because it is still one of the higher rated processors, you have a decent and newer graphics card installed and it comes with Windows 7 (assuming you'd also deliver the OS disc).

-Wolf sends
Share
Related resources
January 18, 2013 11:09:59 PM

I say it is worth about $350--400.
m
0
l
January 18, 2013 11:43:50 PM

Wolfshadw said:
Ouch... Really a tough call. It's still a beast of a system and would certainly hold it's own against today's systems, but the plain and simple fact is, it's old tech. I think Intel screwed a lot of people when socket 1366 (and 1156) was killed off so quickly. No PCI-E 3.0. No USB 3.0. No SATA III. I'd have a hard time asking for more that $500 and that's only because it is still one of the higher rated processors, you have a decent and newer graphics card installed and it comes with Windows 7 (assuming you'd also deliver the OS disc).

-Wolf sends


Thanks for the responce wolf. I was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on the No PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, and SATA III. Also what did you mean when you were referring to the intel socket 1366?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 19, 2013 12:19:27 AM

Quote:
I was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on the No PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, and SATA III


I mean that the motherboard in your system does not have any of this newer technology that knowledgeable PC buyers are going to be looking for.

Quote:
Also what did you mean when you were referring to the intel socket 1366?


I mean that it's a dead socket. Intel killed it off after only one generation of processors. There will never be any newer processors created for that motherboard. You (or any prospective buyer) will never be able to upgrade that system with a newer processor.

-Wolf sends
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 19, 2013 12:24:26 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Quote:
I was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on the No PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, and SATA III


I mean that the motherboard in your system does not have any of this newer technology that knowledgeable PC buyers are going to be looking for.

Quote:
Also what did you mean when you were referring to the intel socket 1366?


I mean that it's a dead socket. Intel killed it off after only one generation of processors. There will never be any newer processors created for that motherboard. You (or any prospective buyer) will never be able to upgrade that system with a newer processor.

-Wolf sends


Yes, exactly what wolf says, its a pity really..
m
0
l
January 19, 2013 12:49:46 AM

Ahh I see, if the motherboard were to be replaced into one that has the newer technology like a Z68, what would that bump the computer's selling potential to?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 19, 2013 12:55:44 AM

ayoh said:
Ahh I see, if the motherboard were to be replaced into one that has the newer technology like a Z68, what would that bump the computer's selling potential to?


That poses problems itself, you will need to change the processor to a 1155 socket one such as sandy bridge/ivy.
m
0
l
January 19, 2013 1:05:06 AM

Ahh I see, well thanks guys :) .
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 1:31:13 AM

Best answer selected by ayoh.
m
0
l
!