Should I buy this graphic card?

I need a new graphic card for playing games like battlefield 3.

Should I buy this graphic card:

At the moment I have a geforce 8800 GTS 640 Mb.
7 answers Last reply
More about should graphic card
  1. I'd go for this one instead, much better cooling solution:

@Sumukh: I wouldn't get that. It's overpriced. Might as well get a GTX 660 Ti then, which is better.
  2. It isn't overpriced, its a GHz edition. If you'll get a 7870, its better to get a Ghz edition.

I have that GTX 660, but don't know whether its better than that Evga one.
  3. GTX660 is a great choice, cooler is worth considering if overclocking. If not, EVGA have excellent warranty coverage and after-sales support.
  4. I have the EVGA GTX 660 and love it. It runs cool and quiet and plays all games so far on high/ultra.
  5. What is the rest of your system? I have a feeling that if you are now using an 8800 GTS, your cpu is most likely outdated too which may hold back your FPS no matter what GPU you get.
  6. I think your choice of GTX 660 for a price little over $200 is excellent.
    I recently bought a factory overclocked Gigabyte GTX 660 and I am very happy with the card.

The Radeon 7870 is a little more powerful and more expensive, but I chose the GTX 660 for my own system
    because of the cost savings and the fact that it can easily output to 3 monitors (even a 4th if you are using a Display port monitor) so for example you could hook up this video card to 2 DVI monitors and a HDMI TV

Most of the current AMD HD Radeons require expensive Display Port monitors or adapters in order to do 3 or 4 displays.

If your budget is larger then a GTX 660 Ti is another option.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Games Graphics Product