Sign in with
Your question

Should I buy this graphic card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2012 8:17:15 AM

Hello,
I need a new graphic card for playing games like battlefield 3.

Should I buy this graphic card:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00966IREK/ref=as_li_q...

At the moment I have a geforce 8800 GTS 640 Mb.

More about : buy graphic card

Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 9:34:48 AM

It isn't overpriced, its a GHz edition. If you'll get a 7870, its better to get a Ghz edition.

I have that GTX 660, but don't know whether its better than that Evga one.
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 2:08:24 PM

GTX660 is a great choice, cooler is worth considering if overclocking. If not, EVGA have excellent warranty coverage and after-sales support.
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 2:28:21 PM

I have the EVGA GTX 660 and love it. It runs cool and quiet and plays all games so far on high/ultra.
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 2:37:49 PM

What is the rest of your system? I have a feeling that if you are now using an 8800 GTS, your cpu is most likely outdated too which may hold back your FPS no matter what GPU you get.
December 4, 2012 4:04:29 PM

I think your choice of GTX 660 for a price little over $200 is excellent.
I recently bought a factory overclocked Gigabyte GTX 660 and I am very happy with the card.

The Radeon 7870 is a little more powerful and more expensive, but I chose the GTX 660 for my own system
because of the cost savings and the fact that it can easily output to 3 monitors (even a 4th if you are using a Display port monitor) so for example you could hook up this video card to 2 DVI monitors and a HDMI TV

Most of the current AMD HD Radeons require expensive Display Port monitors or adapters in order to do 3 or 4 displays.

If your budget is larger then a GTX 660 Ti is another option.
!