overall opinion

i haven't played battlefield 2, because i would need to upgrade my video
card to do so
(i have the g4 ti 4600)

what's better, in your overall experience, battlefield 1942 or battlefield
2?

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

BF2 is a good game, but I like BF42 better. It's just 'funner'. BF2 can be
so frustrating: enemy APCs roll in and take out your squad every 15 seconds,
your armor piercing rockets usually bounce right off them and the tanks, jet
pilots are getting skilled and starting to dominate on some servers,
TK-punishes, ugh.
Majority of the bf2 maps you need vehicles to hop from flag to flag if you
want to have any hope of getting their in a timely manner. So the game ends
up being drive into a flag area, take it or die, rinse, repeat'. BF42,
there's more actual combat just trying to *get* from flag to flag. The
struggle just trying to cover the distance to a flag in BF42 can be so much
fun and so rewarding. This only happens on a few of the maps in BF2: the
city maps.

In article <zgbCe.130498$go.106409@fed1read05>, lawrence_lugar@cox.net
says...
> i haven't played battlefield 2, because i would need to upgrade my video
> card to do so
> (i have the g4 ti 4600)
>
> what's better, in your overall experience, battlefield 1942 or battlefield
> 2?

Battlefield1942 was the first in the series so it was a BOM.
BF2 has some nice new features,but i think we have to wait for some good mods
till we gonna say WOW..... :)
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."

schrodinger

"Lawrence" <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote in message
>i haven't played battlefield 2, because i would need to upgrade my video
> card to do so
> (i have the g4 ti 4600)
>
> what's better, in your overall experience, battlefield 1942 or battlefield
> 2?

I have only played BF1942 once since installing BF2 - this compares to after
installing BF:Vietnam I played that once or twice and went straight back to
BF1942.

I think that, had the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 incorporated Squads,
sprinting and the new points system then this would be a better game.

BF2 is still buggy, with graphics, lag and various other issues still not
even acknowledged by EA or Dice.

If I were to buy one game it would be BF1942 - principally because of the
mods available and the stable lag free engine.

In article <YPeCe.175732$Cl1.161459@fe03.news.easynews.com>, no@way.com
says...
> If I were to buy one game it would be BF1942 - principally because of the
> mods available and the stable lag free engine.

So true,but i think the netcode from BF2 is much better.
With BF1942 if i played on a server that had more like 22 people on i would
get plenty of lag.
This does not happen to me with BF2,and my rig can barely handle BF2
So that has to mean something.
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."

In article <zgbCe.130498$go.106409@fed1read05>, lawrence_lugar@cox.net
says...
> i haven't played battlefield 2, because i would need to upgrade my video
> card to do so
> (i have the g4 ti 4600)
>
> what's better, in your overall experience, battlefield 1942 or battlefield
> 2?

i can play bf2 for 15 minutes and bore of it. i can play forgotten hope
all evening and all night and never get bored.

/CF

Andrew

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:34:08 GMT, jOhN <us271934SPAMNYET@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Wait a damn minute!
>Alien was great
>Aliens was friggin' awesome
>Let's not mention the other two, ;-)

In your opinion. For me Alien was awesome, Aliens was merely okay.

Malcolm

Lawrence wrote:
> i haven't played battlefield 2, because i would need to upgrade my video
> card to do so
> (i have the g4 ti 4600)
>
> what's better, in your overall experience, battlefield 1942 or battlefield
> 2?

just been play on some ranked server somewhere in the universe,
assorted maps, lagging like hell at times, but playable.
last map we did twice was Kubra Dam, the sever was 32 slots,
but ran the Dam map in 16 player size, it was a blast.
red and blue have flag either end, and two in the middle,
it really makes it a intense infantry map with the odd armoured vehicle.

regards [AGB] malcolm

Lawrence wrote:
> i haven't played battlefield 2, because i would need to upgrade my video
> card to do so
> (i have the g4 ti 4600)
>
> what's better, in your overall experience, battlefield 1942 or battlefield
> 2?

Superb games both. But as much as I loved BF42, I must say that BF2 is
clearly a better and more intense game.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

Graham wrote:
> Yeah thats all true.

> Why didnt they make it more flexible to appeal to the masses?

As long as you have 1 Gb ram, it will actually work with quite lowly
graphics cards.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

Andrew wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:34:08 GMT, jOhN <us271934SPAMNYET@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Wait a damn minute!
>>Alien was great
>>Aliens was friggin' awesome
>>Let's not mention the other two, ;-)
>
> In your opinion. For me Alien was awesome, Aliens was merely okay.

Alien was one-person FPS. Aliens was the BF of the series, with modern
vehicles and squad-based combat.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

Andrew

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:35:16 +0200, Achtung Ecco <nospam@spam.no>
wrote:

>Alien was one-person FPS. Aliens was the BF of the series, with modern
>vehicles and squad-based combat.

Alien was Deus Ex, Aliens was Serious Sam.