Will the GTX 670 Work with my Specs?

Zso909

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
So, I kinda already posted this on Yahoo! Answers, but I figured that Id'e get a better answer here. I've been reading everywhere, and I see mixed answers in different threads. Kinda getting tired of that :sarcastic:

Hi! I'm planning on getting an EVGA GTX 670, and I want to know if it'll work good with my current specs.

CPU: AMD FX-4100
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
PSU: XFX 550w
RAM: 8GB
Current GPU: Radeon HD 6850

Will the GTX 670 work well with that?
Would there be a bottleneck with the CPU?
If so, how much of a bottleneck would there be? ( :??: )
I know a lot about computers and stuff, but I'm no expert in the slightest bit. And yes, I know. I'm going to change the CPU soon, next year or so. If possible, Id'e like previous users of the FX-4100 + GTX 670 to give me their opinion.
Thanks!

BriboCN

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Your PSU and MB provide adequate power/bandwidth assuming that ill be your sole video card. Most modern CPUs trump the requirements of modern games anyway so you are good and by a decent margin

BriboCN

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

the 4100 isn't great but CPUs are so far above the gaming industries requirements that I doubt it will be an issue in any modern game.

Zso909

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm probably just going to overclock my CPU from 3.6GHz, to 3.8Ghz. I'm not using any type of after market coolers or anything, but I've read that its possible with the stock cooler, even up to 4.0Ghz. I'm hoping to play games like, Crysis 2, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, all maxed out while keeping the FPS at around 70 (Or higher works too!). And yeah, Battlefield 3's probably going to kick my ass in Multiplayer, but hey, with my current rig, I get 45-60 FPS on the option before Ultra. That's something right :D? I can run singleplayer with no sweat on ultra though. I WAS going to go with a Radeon HD 7950 keeping it all AMD, but I said *** it, and united AMD & Nvidia. Plus, where I'm planning to buy it from, they give you a free copy of Assassin's Creed 3 :D

TRENDING THREADS