Sign in with
Your question

My monitors don't display anything on this new PC.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2012 10:23:36 AM

Hello,
I just bought a new Gateway SX2370 desktop PC. I have a 17", 19", 27" monitor and a 32" TV that I use with my other computers, so I connected the 27" and it doesn't display anything (monitor power ligt blinks just like when you leave a monitor ON when the PC is OFF). Then I connect the PC and the 19" all don't work. Only the 17" monitor works.
It seems that if I connect the vga cable while the PC is already on, none of them work.
If I connect it first, then turn on the PC, then only the 17" works. The other monitors only display upto the Windows flag loading screen, then it goes black.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
I tried to be as DETAILED as possible but if you need more info feel free to ask! Thank you!

oh and i couldn't find a monitor section so I posted here.

More about : monitors display

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 4, 2012 11:54:39 AM

sound like the resolution/refresh rate isn't set correctly for the other monitor.
m
l
December 4, 2012 12:02:02 PM

Do any of them work using the HDMI connection?
m
l
Related resources
December 5, 2012 6:21:16 AM

rgd1101 said:
sound like the resolution/refresh rate isn't set correctly for the other monitor.

I tried changing the resolution with the 17" that works but the other ones still don't work
m
l
December 5, 2012 6:24:13 AM

mmaatt747 said:
Do any of them work using the HDMI connection?

hmmm..i don't have any hdmi cables available right now...but I have a feeling that's not the problem since the vga should be working from the first place but thanks for your opinion!
m
l
!