Suggestions on this build, never done this before.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
So after a while of looking at bare bone kits and other combos. I decided to see if i can make something decent but cheaper. I am on a budget and just want something with decent power for moderate gaming. I have never done this before and just want opinions if you guys think this build will do. Thank you for your help.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ykTd

Norm101

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
I've heard that many power supplies included with cases can be pretty low quality. You might want to consider a separate case and PSU.

Okay, a couple of issues I see:
1. Why are you getting a 3-piece kit of memory when the motherboard has 4 slots? if it was set up for triple-channel memory, the board would have 3 or 6 slots. With 3 sticks on a dual-channel board, I think it would go into single-channel mode. You're better off getting 2 or 4 sticks instead.
2. I'd advise against getting a case with power supply included - often the psus included are low quality, and the specifications for the case don't include the model number or full specifications for the power supply. You're better off with a separate psu from a good brand, like XFX or SeaSonic.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Ok, thank you for the quick feedback. I wasn't really aware about the case/psu combo to be bad quality. I saw it and thought it was a great deal and it might cut my cost down. I will look into that.

As for the the RAM. Thank you for pointing that out. I forgot that you can not do that, i will probably do 1x4g for now, and down the road add another.

I was thinking about chaning the case anyway, because i read it dosnt have 3.0 usb plugins and the motherboard does.

Yeah, that seems reasonable now.
That case also lacks front usb 3.0 ports, but if you don't have any usb 3.0 devices, front usb 2.0 ports will be fine.
Personally, I think that case looks ugly, but that's a matter of taste.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Yeah i didnt change it before i copied it, i actually went with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235033 also lacks the 3.0, but like you said...i dont really have anything that runs on it.