Closed Solved

Is this a good computer ? (Gaming & ...)

Intel Core i3 (want to upgrade to i5)
RAM: 8gb Kingston Hyperx blu
Graphic Card : 2gb GTX 650
Hard disk :500 GB Seagate
Motherboard :H61M-DS2
29 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good computer gaming
  1. It's on the lower end for gaming with that GPU. What resolution? PSU? Is this a prebuilt?
  2. If you can stretch to a GTX650 Ti, it's a much more capable card.
  3. larrym said:
    It's on the lower end for gaming with that GPU. What resolution? PSU? Is this a prebuilt?

1920x1080 ,,,,,, 550W , if I changed the 650 GTX for 550 Ti , it will be better ? Any suggestions ?
  4. Honestly Save some cash. Don't rush things. If you wait a few paychecks or whatever and put aside what you can and buy a nice rig you will be a whole hell of a lot better off and more happy.
  5. The GTX550 Ti is only a tiny bit faster, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. GTX650 Ti is quite a bit faster.
  6. mrlime09 said:
    Honestly Save some cash. Don't rush things. If you wait a few paychecks or whatever and put aside what you can and buy a nice rig you will be a whole hell of a lot better off and more happy.

So , just tell what to do with this computer ? What to change ? GPU ? Which GPU that I have to put ? 550 GTX Ti ? 650 GTX Ti ? AMD Radeon 7770 ? , tell me what to do guys
  7. GTX650 Ti ;-)
  8. From your listed parts, I would change to the AMD 7770, Intel i5 3570K, and Asrock extreme 4 Motherboard, WD Blue HDD and Corsair RAM. However, You didn't list a budget, or if you need a PSU and Case.
  9. larrym said:
    From your listed parts, I would change to the AMD 7770, Intel i5 3570K, and Asrock extreme 4 Motherboard, WD Blue HDD and Corsair RAM. However, You didn't list a budget, or if you need a PSU and Case.

My current Computer is like the list that I have been listed ,
    The i3 is going to be upgrated at March , And the HyperX blu is one of the 10 best RAMS for gaming ,but there is something more important and it is the GPU , Which one is recommended ?
  10. What does your power supply look like?

Also, make sure you have a large enough case to fit your video card.
  11. NabeehNakhleh said:
    My current Computer is like the list that I have been listed ,
    The i3 is going to be upgrated at March , And the HyperX blu is one of the 10 best RAMS for gaming ,but there is something more important and it is the GPU , Which one is recommended ?

For a low budget - AMD 7770

Medium Budget - GTX660 or AMD 7870

High Budget - GTX 680 or AMD 7970

Extreme Budge - GTX690

Pick your poison and make sure your PSU is strong enough and it fits your case.
  12. larrym said:
    For a low budget - AMD 7770

Medium Budget - GTX660 or AMD 7870

High Budget - GTX 680 or AMD 7970

Extreme Budge - GTX690

Pick your poison and make sure your PSU is strong enough and it fits your case.

550 - 600W PSU , GTX 660 or AMD 7770 is good for gaming ? with the list that I have been listed ? (change the 650 GTX with 7770 or 660 GTX)
  13. The GTX 660 for sure from that list. Yes the GTX 660 is excellent for gaming at its price range. It will play most games on High/Ultra very smooth.
  14. larrym said:
    The GTX 660 for sure from that list. Yes the GTX 660 is excellent for gaming at its price range. It will play most games on High/Ultra very smooth.

Ok , But the PSU is enough ? (550-600W)
  15. Yes, that is more than enough. The GTX 660 does require 1 PCI-e 6 pin connection from the PSU. make sure you have one.
  16. larrym said:
    Yes, that is more than enough. The GTX 660 does require 1 PCI-e 6 pin connection from the PSU. make sure you have one.

Yes I have one ;) , the 7770 is not recommended ? Is not good ? (put the 660 GTX aside)
  17. Is't not that the 7770 isn't recommended it's that the GTX660 is better, but also more expensive. The 7770 is currently one of the nicest cards for around $100 USD. The GTX660 is around $230 USD and nice at that price point. So it really just depends on how much you want to spend.
  18. larrym said:
    Is't not that the 7770 isn't recommended it's that the GTX660 is better, but also more expensive. The 7770 is currently one of the nicest cards for around $100 USD. The GTX660 is around $230 USD and nice at that price point. So it really just depends on how much you want to spend.

Aha , I can spend 1000$ for my Computer to make it the best ! But there is somethings else that I have to spend on it , not just the Graphic Card ! , Can I put a GDDR5 graphic card on the DDR3 motherboard ?
  19. Yes, it will work just fine.
  20. larrym said:
    Yes, it will work just fine.

Many many thanks for you about your help man ! :)
  21. You're welcome...happy gaming!
  22. larrym said:
    You're welcome...happy gaming!

How about Sapphire AMD Radeon 6850 ?
    I read about it , It seems like a great card
  23. sam_p_lay said:
    GTX650 Ti ;-)

How about the AMD radeon 6850 HD ?
    Is the kingston hyperx 8 gb blu good gaming ?
  24. Best answer
    Sorry for the delay in replying - my email notifications don't work any more. The 6850 is nowhere near as good as the GTX660 - I would absolutely 100% recommend the GTX660 as your best choice. If you do choose a Radeon, avoid Sapphire. I've had three die on me now, each one died just after warranty expired.

EDIT: Or the GTX650 Ti if you want to spend less. It's still faster than the 6850, though the GTX660 is easily 50% faster still than the GTX650 Ti - it's a huge difference.
  25. sam_p_lay said:
    Sorry for the delay in replying - my email notifications don't work any more. The 6850 is nowhere near as good as the GTX660 - I would absolutely 100% recommend the GTX660 as your best choice. If you do choose a Radeon, avoid Sapphire. I've had three die on me now, each one died just after warranty expired.

EDIT: Or the GTX650 Ti if you want to spend less. It's still faster than the 6850, though the GTX660 is easily 50% faster still than the GTX650 Ti - it's a huge difference.

Np .
    Look at my idea , I will upgrade my computer :
    PSU: 600 W
    CPU: i3 (I will upgrade it at may)
    GPU: 660 GTX 2GB
    Motherboard: GA-H77-D3H
    RAM: kingston HyperX 8 GB
    (Limited budget)
    I think that will be a great upgrade , and a great gaming computer , right ?!
  26. NabeehNakhleh said:
    Np .
    Look at my idea , I will upgrade my computer :
    PSU: 600 W
    CPU: i3 (I will upgrade it at may)
    GPU: 660 GTX 2GB
    Motherboard: GA-H77-D3H
    RAM: kingston HyperX 8 GB
    (Limited budget)
    I think that will be a great upgrade , and a great gaming computer , right ?!

Right - that looks awesome to me! :-) i5 will be brilliant, but even with the i3 that should perform really nicely. And 8GB of RAM is more than enough for gaming!
  27. sam_p_lay said:
    Right - that looks awesome to me! :-) i5 will be brilliant, but even with the i3 that should perform really nicely. And 8GB of RAM is more than enough for gaming!

Yes I know , Thanks ;)
  28. Have fun with it :-)
  29. Best answer selected by NabeehNakhleh.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics