Need lot's help, many many questions.

Solution
The CPU Fan Error MAY be just because your fan-checking routines in BIOS Setup have been set with a minimum Fan speed limit of 600 rpm, and the fan is actually not running that fast. Probably that's because the CPU temp is OK at 595 RPM and it does not need more at low processor load at start-up. That is good. The solution may be simply for you to change (reduce) the setting for min fan speed that the CPU fan checker uses for sending out an alarm - say, 560 rpm.

If that is not possible, there may be a place for you to set the automatic CPU fan speed control system to use a higher minimum fan speed like 650 rpm.

On thermal paste, I agree you rarely need to change it.

Another factor for best cooling is clear airflow paths. Keep cabling...

camohanna

Distinguished
I can answer at least one. Ususally, people plug their 360/ps3 into the hdmi port in the back of newer monitors.

If you plug the usb 3.0 into a 2.0, it slows down to 2.0 speed.

You shouldn't need to replace thermal paste

Better cooling is a mix of both. If you have a decent case such as the storm enforcer, which has 2x 200mm fans, it will move more air with less rotations allowing for more efficient cooling. You can always just get more fans if you find you components are getting too hot.

Display port is usually used when running EyeFinity for the extra monitors

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
- that is an issue ASUS has all you need to do is adjust the speed limit to something in the bios and it should stop just look it up and im sure you will find it really quick

- As long as it is still performing as well as ever and is not crashing then dont worry about it though updating your bios may help(for 1 too)

- every 1-2 years or when it starts giving you trouble

- cooling what? i would say get water cooling if it really is that important you dont need a full tower case because you only need that if you are installing water cooling, also if you are on a tight budget then sure add as many fans as possible and make sure to have after market heatsink on your cpu(Hyper 212+)

- Yes it can, and i dont think it does no

- external hard drive, some features like maybe a ethernet ot USB and some mice do too they also work in 2.0 just if they are 3.0 it adds that extra boost(normaly only need for things like hard drives and htings transferring data)

-they are used for if you want to attach a internal hard drive or addon like that externally kind of like a quick switchable drive

-display port which is the one on the back of the graphics card that is not HDMI, VGA, or DVI it can be used if you are using multiple screens though just using all the DVI, VGA, and HDMI ports work just as good

-yeah you can all you need to do if you an HDMI connector is connect it VIA HDMI but i fyou have DVI and VGA only get this(works great for me)
http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Speed-Adapter-Cable-Meters/dp/B004S4R5CK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358623328&sr=8-2&keywords=HDMI+to+dvi

-Overclocking takes some time and effort read this to get started also what do you want to overclock
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-graphics-card,1916.html
this is very basic if you want to learn more i can get you a few more sites/videos that i learned from or you can start a thread in the overclocking areas and learn everything there is to know(they will also give you sites to read bu possibly better ones than i will give)

HOPE THIS HELPS! :D

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The CPU Fan Error MAY be just because your fan-checking routines in BIOS Setup have been set with a minimum Fan speed limit of 600 rpm, and the fan is actually not running that fast. Probably that's because the CPU temp is OK at 595 RPM and it does not need more at low processor load at start-up. That is good. The solution may be simply for you to change (reduce) the setting for min fan speed that the CPU fan checker uses for sending out an alarm - say, 560 rpm.

If that is not possible, there may be a place for you to set the automatic CPU fan speed control system to use a higher minimum fan speed like 650 rpm.

On thermal paste, I agree you rarely need to change it.

Another factor for best cooling is clear airflow paths. Keep cabling neatly bunched up to the side as much as you can, and make sure the areas around the fans (even on the outside of the case) are free of obstructions.

A USB2 device on a USB3 port will work, but only at the USB2 speed.

External hard drives and hard drive enclosures are two types of devices available now in USB3 form. Both are an improvement over USB2, The USB2 interface was slower than a typical HDD speed, but USB3 is much faster. This you will achieve the full speed capability of the HDD (but less than the max speed of USB3). Many common USB devices like mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. don't need to additional speed of USB3. So, if you have both USB2 and USB3 ports on your system, use slower devices on the USB2 ports and reserve USB3 for faster ones.

eSATA is another interface for connecting external devices, most often hard drives in enclosures. It is an enhanced version of the original SATA device interface. Two significant enhancements are ability to use longer signal cables (because signals are done at slightly higher voltages) and support for Hot Swapping. It is faster than USB2 and close to Firewire 400 (aka IEEE1394a) speeds, but not quite as fast as USB3. On the other hand, all three of these interface designs are much faster than HDD's themselves, so using any of them for an external HDD means the actual performance is limited by the HDD speed, and not the interface. For example, I have a SATA HDD mounted in an external enclosure and connected via eSATA. It performance is just about the same as my internal HDD's.

An eSATA port on your system which supports the "port multiplier" feature allows an external device also so equipped to connect several (up to 4? or more?) devices (for example, several HDD's in one external case) to a single eSATA port on the host computer.

When you use two monitors driven by a video card that supports such an arrangement, each monitor often shows you only a portion of the total "screen". Then you place your Windows on whichever monitor you wish. For example, some users would place a game or two in windows on one monitor, and e-mail and a word processor window on another. I am NOT clear, myself, how well Windows handles two simultaneous mice. I suspect that it can be done as long as you don't confuse it by moving both mice at the same time. However, I doubt that would achieve what you want. Windows will only act as if there is ONE mouse in the system, and place only ONE mouse cursor on the screen. No matter which physical mouse you move, it will START to move the cursor from its current position. To get to the other screen, you're still going to have to move the mouse there. You might as well use just one physical mouse to do that.

Later thought: I see my son using two "mice" for a good reason. The second is some special "super-mouse" controller for gamers, and he has that connected as well as a regular mouse. When he's playing games on his main larger screen, he uses that special controller. When he's doing simple things or writing code on the smaller screen, he uses a plain mouse. But still, the two devices control only one on-screen pointer, and he moves it where needed.

Solution

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
yeah thats what i do with the monitor thing, just go
control panel
search monitor
set up this computer to use multiple monitors
then identify
set the nice one as your main monitor and the
oriention-landscape
multiple displays-Extend these displays

hope this helps

camohanna

Distinguished

You can only control one mouse per computer. Dont matter how many screens, only 1 mouse.