HELP! PC Freezes After AMD Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underage

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hello!

My pc has been working so fine, until yesterday when I reinstalled my AMD Radeon HD6870 Driver.
Since then I've been having a lot of problems:

- White lines on the screen that sometimes appear when booting pc, starting after the windows loading logon. they never move or disepear
- The pc completly freezes when starting a game by seconds, no matter which game even Window's Chess Titans.

I need the pc to continue studying before the next week exams,
Please help me,

Solution
Sounds like a hardware problem to me. Have you tried reseating the graphics card? Also, post complete PC specs including CPU, RAM, Motherboard, Graphics card, HDD, SSD(if any), and especially the PSU make, model, wattage and available current on the 12v rail. It could be that your PSU is getting weak.

Underage

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Thanks for replying,

- I have completly uninstalled amd drivers and reinstalled the latest one again, but I was still having the same problem
- Uninstalled again and tried the original ones that came in the card's cd, but was still having the same problem.

Please help :(

Underage

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hello

I have tried too many things to fix my problem but no luck:

- Formatted my pc then installed a fresh new windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, was running fine, until I installed the amd catalyst and the problem started happening again.

- I made a stress test to see if the problem is caused by overheating, by opening four fullhdmovies at the same time and leaving them playing for a while.
The card temperature and fan speed were both normal

- Started a heavy browser flash-based game and played it for around an hour, had no issue.

So I'm now kind of assured that the problem is not hardware related but software, but why wasn't it fixed after reinstalling windows and making a clean drivers installation.

Please help!

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
Sounds like a hardware problem to me. Have you tried reseating the graphics card? Also, post complete PC specs including CPU, RAM, Motherboard, Graphics card, HDD, SSD(if any), and especially the PSU make, model, wattage and available current on the 12v rail. It could be that your PSU is getting weak.

Solution

Underage

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Hello

No I did not try to reset my graphics card as I don't know how to do that.

My system specifications:

Cpu: i5-2500k
Gpu: AMD Radeon HD6870
Mb: ASUS P8H61-M LE
Psu: CM GX650W
Ram: 2x2Gb DDR3 1333mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 1000rpm. (not sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.