8 core or 4 core

realism51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
I am looking at two CPU's, One intel, the other AMD.
Now I know I hear all the rage that Intel is better than AMD. I get that, I kind of understand. But Im not hte guy who uber pimps out his comp.
Im looking at the AMD FX-8150 (8 core) vs Intel Core i5-3570K (4 Core)
3.6GHz vs 3.4ghz

What are you guy's thoughts and comments. and what the deal with the cores, is higher better?

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
yep most games only optimise 2-4 cores possible in the future games will be made to use 8 or so but yeah four is just fine... also if you want a 8 core then get the 8350 that is about 10-20% faster than the 8150 and if you overclock it can work very well... though it may have some issues in games(that just FX series) if you are editing videos or doing anything thats cpu intensive that is not games then the 8350 is the way to go...

note: from what i see you dont plan on overclocking, and i just wanted to telll you that the 3.4 and 3.6 is not really a difference because the ghz rating/perforamnce is different from intel to AMD you could have 4.6 on AMD but only get the perforamnce of 3.3 from intel

LOL i read your first post about a fxcked build by panicmaster a few months ago and it was really amusing :D couldnt help it, the way you told people were really funny. i remember that

and now you have silver home brew in this forum [:russk1]

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
lol i will have to go back to that :na: i forgot i made that :p yeah i have gotten to know computer a hell of a lot more over the time i have been on the forum :D and also upgraded my computer quite a bit now im running a 3570k, 670, and z77-extreme6 rest is still going to be upgraded but later right now im upgrading ram and getting water cooling :D

oh yeah and now i got that silver star because i help people fix problems with there pc's :p

realism51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
I plan on using the 7870 Radeon that I have in my rig now, even if i switch over to intel. WIll that be a problem? its a 2GB GHz edition, I think last i Looked it was on par with a 670

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
yeah my 8120 bottlenecked my 670... oh and the 7870 is not par with the 670 you if your very very lucky with your card may be able to get like 5-10% lower than a 7950 stock but thats basically it... oh and no the i5 will have no bottleneck on your gpu(believe me i went from and 8120 overclocked to 4.7 to a 3570 overclocked to 3.3 and my performance is a LOT better)

realism51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Normal 7870 yes, this is a different version than standard. But in any case, Went the AMD route out of price and tout, but it looks like they are floundering and the FX chips are kind of sucking. Wish I would have gone Intel before and saved the money,

nevillethedevil

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012

Man i wish companies still gave out PCP, really adds a kick to your purchase.

camohanna

Distinguished

It is more on par with a 660ti. Stick with it and in the future get it in crossfire. 7870's in crossfire are more powerful then a 680.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
they are not easily better, they are around the same and the 660ti has a more potential for overclocking because it is not factory overclocked... listen they are both great cards all i'm saying is that the 660ti may get him better performance if he is willing to overclock

camohanna

Distinguished

You are thinking of one 7870 vs one 660ti. TWO 7870 vs ONE 660ti is easily better. He already has one 7870 so i was saying he would be better off to buy another 7870 then to buy a 660ti :p

TRENDING THREADS