• Wireless
  • Internet Explorer
  • Connection
  • VMware
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
January 9, 2012 5:59:35 PM

I have a two part question.
Can I have some programs use my wireless connection, and some use my wired? they are connected to two different networks, (wired - school, wireless - phone tether).

Also, is it possible to have two virtual machines be connected to two different network adapters, ie. wired and wireless?

More about : multiple network adapters vmware

a c 210 F Wireless
January 9, 2012 6:06:46 PM

You can have two VMWare virtual machines connected to different adapter -- you just select the network adapter device before starting up the VM and choose which adapter to use in the custom settings.

I don't think that you can select the network connection by program yet, the OS will make that choice. In Windows 8 you can do that though, see HERE.
m
l
January 9, 2012 6:21:57 PM

RealBeast said:
You can have two VMWare virtual machines connected to different adapter -- you just select the network adapter device before starting up the VM and choose which adapter to use in the custom settings.

I don't think that you can select the network connection by program yet, the OS will make that choice. In Windows 8 you can do that though, see HERE.

can you show me what you mean? i see custom networks, but they are only vmnetworks, ie. they dont have access to the outside.

really cool feature in windows 8. thx for the link
m
l
Related resources
a c 210 F Wireless
January 9, 2012 6:38:52 PM

I'm using VMWare Workstation 8, but I think that it was identical in 7 as I recall.

VMWare has an online guide to configuring networking, and pretty much everything else in the guest OS VMs.

It's been a while since I've done it but it goes something like this. Run the Virtual Network Editor. Disable automatic bridging. Then, specify which physical NIC you want bridged to VMnet0; and specify the second physical NIC to bridge to one of the unused VMnetX (X=2-7, 9). In your VM settings, set one virtual NIC to the VMnet0, and set the other one to be Custom, and specify the other VMnet you set.
m
l
!