Sign in with
Your question

Question about EDID and CCC

December 4, 2012 3:54:12 PM

Here are my PC specs:

i7 2600k @ 3.40 GHz
Asus P8P67LE motherboard
2 Radeon HD 6850 in crossfire (12.8 CCC drivers)
60gb SSD and 1TB HDD (PC games boot off the latter)

this comes from a Guild Wars 2 forum, but it deals more with my PC and GPU, so i want to ask it here to get a better answer. i'm going to copy and paste this convo, and i would appreciate any advice so that i can fix this problem.

here's me explaining the problem:

Ok, here's my problem. When i click the Guild Wars 2 icon, it brings up the login screen and i login in and click play. After that, the screen goes black, and then it flickers a couple times (flickers black, as weird as it sounds). and then it will freeze. and when i say freeze, my ENTIRE PC freezes so that i have to power it down and then power it back up. now, the weird thing is that once i do that and boot windows back up, it will run. it'll still flicker after login and play, but it'll make it to the character screen and i can play, and i won't have any problems while playing. it only does it the first time after powering my PC on.

one guy eventually responds with this:

I know you posted this a while ago, but it's one of the first threads that pop up when I search, so I wanted this possible fix to be easily available for others.

Go into CCC, find the monitor attributes, and deselect "Use Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) or driver defaults"

I was having the same problem, and this is what worked for me.

but my problem is that i don't have that option in my CCC.

here is what mine looks like:
http://i47.tinypic.com/ml4kyv.jpg

and i looked up one that has that option (scroll down a little bit):
http://support.amd.c...forMonitor.aspx

i don't know what Vision Engine is, and mine does not use a VGA analog connection. is there another way for me to do this? or is there any other fix for this problem?

More about : question edid ccc

!