Suggestion about building my computer

Pavelow30

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Hey I just wanted to know if this is a good set up for a gaming computer?

Intel:
Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz LGA 1155 Processor

RAM:
2 G.Skill Ripjaws x series 8GB

Motherboard:
ASUS
Maximus V Gene LGA 1155 Z77 mATX Intel Motherboard

Aftermarket fan for intel:
Cooler master hyper 212 plus

Hard drive:
I don't know which one to buy

Power supply I have 900 watts

Graphics card:
I'm not Sure which one to buy or I might buy one later on.

Anything suggestion or any thing else I miss tell me thnx.

Solution
EVGA GTX 670 FTW or Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce are both AMAZING graphics cards. Western Digital 1TB 7200 64 MB Cache HDD is great. Get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO instead of the PLUS because its an upgraded version with better temps. Make sure your RAM will fit under your aftermarket cooler. The low profile RAM's do but I'm not sure if the G Skill Ripjaws x will. i7 3770k is great if you are video editing, streaming, doing 3D work etc on a daily basis. If not get the i5 3570k instead. Make sure your power supply has atleast +60 amps on the +12v rail. That motherboard is fine. Also if you can afford an SSD then get one. The Samsung 840 Pro 128GB is an amazing SSD. I have one and its honestly improved my current PC's speed by TONS. I...

Potential

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
EVGA GTX 670 FTW or Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce are both AMAZING graphics cards. Western Digital 1TB 7200 64 MB Cache HDD is great. Get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO instead of the PLUS because its an upgraded version with better temps. Make sure your RAM will fit under your aftermarket cooler. The low profile RAM's do but I'm not sure if the G Skill Ripjaws x will. i7 3770k is great if you are video editing, streaming, doing 3D work etc on a daily basis. If not get the i5 3570k instead. Make sure your power supply has atleast +60 amps on the +12v rail. That motherboard is fine. Also if you can afford an SSD then get one. The Samsung 840 Pro 128GB is an amazing SSD. I have one and its honestly improved my current PC's speed by TONS. I feel like all builds these days should have one. Also get an optical drive if you feel like you need one. Hopefully this was helpful!

Solution

Pavelow30

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I heard that this intel has Graphics of 4000.... How good will it look with about a graphics card cuz I don't have the money to buy one now but can I buy it later on and install it?

Potential

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Well graphics cards are the MAIN thing you need for gaming. Using the dedicated graphics card on the CPU wouldn't be to great especially if you're using your computer mainly for gaming. You can still play some games fine with 4000 (Google benchmarks with that gpu) but I would extremely recommend you to get a graphics card. Try to downgrade on some of your components. Like switch your motherboard to an Asrock z77 Extreme4 (Amazing board for the price) and switch your CPU to an i5 3570k which is basically the best CPU for just gaming. The i7 3770k is for video editing, 3d work, streaming etc. Those two downgrades save you about $170 which you can put towards a graphics card. You can get this card for about $170 and is fairly good. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Desktop+Graphics+Cards-_-N82E16814202004&gclid=CKvx_4f39LQCFQUFnQodhxQA7g

Nowadays, I think every PC should include an SSD period. They’re waaaaaaaaay faster and they draw less energy, but unfortunately they do cost a significant amount more than a traditional hard drive.

Those who have some extra budget laying around, I’d definitely suggest going with a 128GB Samsung 840 Pro or 256GB Samsung 840 Pro in combination with a 1TB Seagate Barracuda. This will allow for plenty of hard drive space for storage while OS and application files may be placed on the SSD for that extra top notch performance.i would recommend are Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.
Pricing of the Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X is $330 which is a 10% premium. Also,MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks.That would be a solid choice for the price imo they currently are going for $389.99 a piece that doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks but it's up to you.