Jan 12, 2006
Hi,

I have a new build recently;

i3 3220 3.30GHz
Asus P8H61-MX USB 3.0 mobo
4gb DDR3 (temporary)
Corsair CX500 PSU

And the problem child... MSI HD 7850 Twin Frozr OC Edition 2GB GDDR5

I have been running my build from the on board graphics for the last few days as I waited on my card.

Now that it is here, once I have plugged it in and got it up at running, I have no display.

I have tried configuring the Bios to turn off the on board and use the PCI-E as default the reconnecting the card but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Could it be the PSU? I asked around a bit before hand and was told the CX500 should handle it...

Cheers

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
First of all, did you connect the extra 12v, 6 or 8 pin power to the board located next to the Cpu socket of the board, if not do so, as it also provides a bit of extra power to the Pci-E slot from the board its self. Then make sure you have connected the 12v Pci-E connector to the back side edge of the graphics card. Make sure you have enough amps on the 12v of the psu rail to drive the card. Also check you have the video cable in the right video port of the graphics card, swap the monitor cable over to the other connector of the card there will be a default output port and one for extended screens. another monitor, and test.

cobz

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I only have a 4pin connector next to the CPU which is connected.

I have connected both 6 pin connectors to my graphics card.

How would I go about checking the Amps?

Cheers

EDIT: It is hooked up to my TV via HDMI (if it helps, I have also tried using a DVI to HDMI which is what im using on my motherboard to display an image)

cobz

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
If it helps, I have also tried installing the drivers first and still nothing... The card was an ex display from Ebuyer so I'm assuming it's good. Not sure what else I'm missing?

cobz

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Still no luck.

I dont want to have to return it even though Ebuyer is very good... Are there any other options?

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
first of all update bios and then go to bios set optimal default settings in it and restart it after that shut down pc then install gpu make sure u have connected the right connector also try booting up system with new gpu with one ram only