Sign in with
Your question

dual monitors - changing the crossover side

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 31, 2003 7:11:42 PM

I just set up a second monitor for my system. My video card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with the latest drivers and control panel.

My main monitor is in front of me, and the secondary one is to my left (only place I can put it).

I have an extended desktop set up. The crossover between them is on the right side of the primary monitor, and the left side of the secondary monitor. That is backwards for how my monitors are positioned.

I can't physically move the secondary monitor to the right of the primary. I also don't want to make the left monitor my primary one, because of the way my work area is set up.

Does anyone know how I can switch the side at which my mouse scrolls over from one monitor to the other. I've tried looking in display properties, and in the ATI control panel, but havn't found anything.
September 3, 2003 7:20:43 PM

In your display settings (where you enable the second monitor) there is a graphical image of 2 monitors that you can actually drag and drop them into the position that you want.

The monitor settings initially show #1 on the left and #2 on the right. You can click and drag the number 2 monitor over to the left side of number 1. What that does is still makes the monitor in front of you #1 and the one to your left #2 but when the mouse moves across the screen it will make the correct exit and entry when going from one screen to the other.

This feature also works if your monitors are sitting one on top of the other or perhaps sitting corner to corner. In my setup, the second monitor sits about a half-screen lower than the other (because of how the desk is designed) and I moved the 2 monitors in the display settings in that configuration so when the mouse goes across the bottom of the main screen, it comes out in the middle of second screen (rather than jumping to the bottom) so visually it stays lined up.
September 6, 2003 5:43:33 AM

Thanks a lot jackscotty. I must have gone to that exact screen a dozen time looking for a button or a checkbox for that problem. Never thought to drag the picture that was staring me in the face. Anyway, it works perfectly. Thanks again.
!