Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Just for expert

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 4, 2012 10:06:37 PM

Guys I have been waiting for 3 days and no one help me out. This is my problem please tell me what should I do.

I have 2 problem, one it is my video card. Two it is my windows 7 which is shut down and show me a blue screen.
I got my new card MSI 7770 1G and I play on 32 screen, not a heavy game " League of Legend" its (FPS I believe) and I have frizzing and after while my win 7-64 shutdown. but for windows 8 the game I pay it is just lagging and I am sure it is not because the internet.
I update my video card drive. and also I roll it back in case if the last update had a problem but did not work for either the lag or the windows 7-64 shut down.
see this pic the video card here did not show I have no idea if it is normal or not


AMD fx-8350

8G ram (use in 1 in 3 slot)

gig 990 fxa-ud5 ( support sli)

500 plus 80 bronz

for windows 7 it is give this message when the blue screen appear.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880082BE32D
BCP3: FFFFF88008560E40
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

and if I have to change my video card, what should I buy? should I go with Nvidia. should I go with 2G card since I'm using 32 screen? if it is yes tell what card is good.

I can spent around 150 or 180.

if you need more information please ask me I need to fix this it is have been 3 days, you guys are my hope.

More about : expert

a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 10:11:48 PM

Can you upload the blue screen dump files? Usually at the end of a blue screen message there should be something like files that describe the problem.

According to this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...

3b is usually an issue with the graphics driver. Be aware it says USUALLY, its best if you upload the dump files or at least copy and paste the contents here.
December 4, 2012 10:43:37 PM

socialfox said:
Can you upload the blue screen dump files? Usually at the end of a blue screen message there should be something like files that describe the problem.

According to this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...

3b is usually an issue with the graphics driver. Be aware it says USUALLY, its best if you upload the dump files or at least copy and paste the contents here.


Thank you for answer me but the dump files how can I have them I have no idea. And how about the video card lagging with 32 screen ? plus I update the video card drive and my ram is in the slot 1 and 3.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2012 11:28:55 PM

I think this is where the file is located at:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp.

Also the HD 7770 is not the best card for 1080p, though to be honest I am not a wiz at video cards when it comes to 1080p gaming with big monitors. However I believe 2gb will help you out in that resolution if you got something like the HD 7850 which will give you better FPS compared to the HD 7770. In addition the extra video ram will help out with the resolution and Anti Aliasing.
December 5, 2012 1:38:04 AM

Ok do you this I should go with AMD or not I cannot spend a lot for 7850
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 1:40:57 AM

mohammed_43 said:
Ok do you this I should go with AMD or not I cannot spend a lot for 7850


Could you clarify a bit my friend? Are you saying the HD 7850 can't fit in your budget or are you saying you are stuck between going for AMD/ATI or Nvidia?
December 5, 2012 6:17:45 AM

socialfox said:
Could you clarify a bit my friend? Are you saying the HD 7850 can't fit in your budget or are you saying you are stuck between going for AMD/ATI or Nvidia?

yes I mean this card is to much I only can go maximum 200, so should I by from AMD or Nvidia? I need card does not has problem. Plus my TV is not 1080 it is 720, I see some people says there are some card does not support full resolution, because this one I have right now it is just show me 1360x768 I can't changed, so I am looking for card to my 32 TV and need to support full resolution unless if it is more than 200 $ then it is ok to have just a good card.
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 9:27:10 AM

I believe @ the resolution of 1360x768 an HD 7770 should be doing very good. I myself own the HD 7770 and I play @ 1600x900 maxing out most games on a 20inch monitor. Have you tried uninstalling the driver for the video card and downloading an older one? If this is a newly bought video card you can also RMA it with the manufacturer.
December 5, 2012 4:11:54 PM

socialfox said:
I believe @ the resolution of 1360x768 an HD 7770 should be doing very good. I myself own the HD 7770 and I play @ 1600x900 maxing out most games on a 20inch monitor. Have you tried uninstalling the driver for the video card and downloading an older one? If this is a newly bought video card you can also RMA it with the manufacturer.

Yes I did but it did not work, I am about to buy 2G video card so tell me one should be good either AMD or Nvidia.
December 5, 2012 4:58:26 PM

Some people says 650 Ti is not a good card :(  I am so confused help me guys with a good card support 32 tv
December 5, 2012 5:31:47 PM

I bought this ram http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-240-Pin-Platfor...
and I looked at my motherboard it is support it that type I used GA-990FXA-UD5

just let you guys know is it really true support it or not. And i saw some people says update BIOS my solve the problem should I try that before I buy my new 2G video card ? or no need because !g does not support 32 TV ?
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 6:02:10 PM

Yes the vengeance will work on your motherboard just fine, but is that the price you bought if for? Quite expensive....there are much cheaper alternatives and the Vengeance is probably more cheaper on other websites.

Anyways I believe the GTX 650 ti is better than the HD 7770.
Also read this:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6359/the-nvidia-geforce-g...

As you see in many games the 1gb and 2gb have no FPS difference apart from Skyrim with many Hi-res texture mods. IF the price between the 1gb and 2gb is the same or very close might as well grab the 2gb. If the 2gb is more expensive grab the 1gb.

The 1gb should be perfectly fine for the resolution of 1360x768, I find 2gb is used at higher resolutions with crazy anti-aliasing settings. That being said go for whatever is cheaper for the GTX 650 TI.
December 5, 2012 6:23:34 PM

socialfox said:
Yes the vengeance will work on your motherboard just fine, but is that the price you bought if for? Quite expensive....there are much cheaper alternatives and the Vengeance is probably more cheaper on other websites.

Anyways I believe the GTX 650 ti is better than the HD 7770.
Also read this:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6359/the-nvidia-geforce-g...

As you see in many games the 1gb and 2gb have no FPS difference apart from Skyrim with many Hi-res texture mods. IF the price between the 1gb and 2gb is the same or very close might as well grab the 2gb. If the 2gb is more expensive grab the 1gb.

The 1gb should be perfectly fine for the resolution of 1360x768, I find 2gb is used at higher resolutions with crazy anti-aliasing settings. That being said go for whatever is cheaper for the GTX 650 TI.

Thank you but I have 7770 1G and I have lag when I play my game and yes my resolution is 1360x768 I cannot even change it. So should I go with 2G because he lag I have or it is a problem with my drive or BOIS. I update my drive did not work so I roll it back still have lag, but some people says if I update my BIOS should be fine I will try that if it will he. So what you think should I update it ? and my game is FPS
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 6:43:59 PM

Updating the bios is worth the shot, still not understanding why the HD 7770 is performing poorly at 1360x768. Does fine for me @ 1600x900.

Edit: Just wanted to say, if you can just save up for the HD 7850. The GTX 650 ti is not that much better than the 7770. The 7850 will offer a greater performance gain and it should definitely help.
December 5, 2012 7:16:37 PM

socialfox said:
Updating the bios is worth the shot, still not understanding why the HD 7770 is performing poorly at 1360x768. Does fine for me @ 1600x900.

Edit: Just wanted to say, if you can just save up for the HD 7850. The GTX 650 ti is not that much better than the 7770. The 7850 will offer a greater performance gain and it should definitely help.

ok then I will save some but I am so sad because my old laptop I use to play the same game on mid resolution and it was find right now I build my own Pc and I can not play on even in mid resolution. I will do the BIOS update and I will tell you that is happen
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 7:26:24 PM

Guys why are you recommending him graphics cards instead of trying to resolve his issue? It might not be a graphics card issue after all, and if he buys the card and it's not, he will basically have thrown him money away.
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 7:31:54 PM

Sunius said:
Guys why are you recommending him graphics cards instead of trying to resolve his issue? It might not be a graphics card issue after all, and if he buys the card and it's not, he will basically have thrown him money away.


Well the only person here is me :lol: 
Anyways I did tell him to update the bios and revert an older driver version for the video card. I also did state he should try an RMA, and I was puzzled why the HD 7770 was not doing fine at his resolution.
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 7:33:46 PM

@OP: did you follow any of his recommendations? If you didn't, you should do that. If you did, could you please tell us what power supply unit you have (model and brand), whether you built the computer yourself and whether you can reproduce the crash.
December 5, 2012 7:35:57 PM

mohammed_43 said:
I bought this ram http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-240-Pin-Platfor...
and I looked at my motherboard it is support it that type I used GA-990FXA-UD5

just let you guys know is it really true support it or not. And i saw some people says update BIOS my solve the problem should I try that before I buy my new 2G video card ? or no need because !g does not support 32 TV ?


The size of the screen doesn't matter, the resolution is what matters. 1080p is 1920x1080, a 32" TV and a 24" monitor both at 1080p will be the same.
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 7:36:37 PM

Now that I think of it, what are you temperatures? If too hot that could be a problem. Use something like HWmonitor to record the temperatures when gaming.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Let us know the max value for the GPU and CPU.
December 5, 2012 7:39:36 PM

Weirdest thing is that I play LoL with 550Ti 1gb at 1080p maxed. 7770 and 550ti are similar cards, being the 7770 a little more powerful
December 5, 2012 7:40:27 PM

will my power supply is 500 puls 80 bronze

AMD fx-3850

RAM is 8G and it is in slot 1 and 3

hard drive is 1T blue 64

I use Kuhler h2o 620 cooling for fan

I udate and roll the update for my vidoe card both way did not work
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 7:43:25 PM

I'm sure 500 puls isn't a brand. Give us a brand name. And a model.
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 7:44:28 PM

loresr97 said:
Weirdest thing is that I play LoL with 550Ti 1gb at 1080p maxed. 7770 and 550ti are similar cards, being the 7770 a little more powerful


Indeed the HD 7770 is quite a capable card, for me @ 1600x900 I have maxed out all the games I have played with over 30 fps.

Also @ mohammed_43, check the graphic card temperatures, it could be overheating....
December 5, 2012 7:58:43 PM

socialfox said:
Indeed the HD 7770 is quite a capable card, for me @ 1600x900 I have maxed out all the games I have played with over 30 fps.

Also @ mohammed_43, check the graphic card temperatures, it could be overheating....

the temp is always under 40 C right now its 26C when I start play it goes up to 35 C

my power supply is CX Series /Corsair .That what is in the box
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2012 8:05:39 PM

mohammed_43 said:
the temp is always under 40 C right now its 26C when I start play it goes up to 35 C

my power supply is CX Series /Corsair .That what is in the box


Okay the CX series are good, anyways I am not too sure what you said about the temperature. Is this the CPU or GPU. And if its the GPU is it 26 idling and when playing it goes to 35 degrees? That's pretty cool for that card, very cool. Mine reaches 50's at load.
December 5, 2012 11:42:39 PM

socialfox said:
Okay the CX series are good, anyways I am not too sure what you said about the temperature. Is this the CPU or GPU. And if its the GPU is it 26 idling and when playing it goes to 35 degrees? That's pretty cool for that card, very cool. Mine reaches 50's at load.

yes I am talking about GPU, I update my BIOS and I see some improvement the lag I have right now it is come not like it use to. I did not have time to see how log it will take to have the same lag again I will tell you later
December 6, 2012 12:35:14 AM

Hey guys I found out when I play and my GPU temeratuer o up to 43 or 45 I have lag plus there is some thing called load also when it is goes up to 43 and 45 with same as temperature I lag. Should I try unlock the fan of the GUP because it is came with software allow me to changed . It is setup to be 30%
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 12:38:26 AM

To be honest 45 degrees is very good for an air cooled video card, the fan doesn't really need to be altered. However if you are determined to change fan speed then go right on.

Use MSI Afterburner if you don't have any other tools available to increase fan speeds.
December 6, 2012 1:19:22 AM

socialfox said:
To be honest 45 degrees is very good for an air cooled video card, the fan doesn't really need to be altered. However if you are determined to change fan speed then go right on.

Use MSI Afterburner if you don't have any other tools available to increase fan speeds.

Yes I have MSI Afterburner but it is setup to be 30%, for how much should I changed ? 50%
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 1:27:25 AM

Well those temperatures are already fine, but 50% seems okay.
December 6, 2012 2:18:27 AM

I make that fan at 40% the tem goes up to 41 but tell there is lag. as it was.
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 2:34:26 AM

mohammed_43 said:
I make that fan at 40% the tem goes up to 41 but tell there is lag. as it was.

Like I said above, the temperatures were already fine. At this point I am not sure what the problem is, what are the temperatures of your processor? If overheating the CPU will throttle itself and that will cause lag in game.
December 6, 2012 3:46:26 AM

Well my CPU out of game is 12 C but in game it is goes up to 40C
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 4:14:14 AM

Is the 6-pin connector connected from the power supply unit to the graphics card?

Also, do you live in north pole? I cannot imagine how the temperature can be lower than the room temperature.
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2012 8:53:47 AM

I'd say defective temperature sensor or just use another program for recording temperatures. 12 degrees is almost impossible with the Kuhler 620. I have the same cooler....
December 6, 2012 11:41:35 AM

socialfox said:
I'd say defective temperature sensor or just use another program for recording temperatures. 12 degrees is almost impossible with the Kuhler 620. I have the same cooler....

namely 1 program so I can use because I used one and it is show me that , I know my English is not good but for now I am in Michigan.
December 6, 2012 11:45:08 AM

Sunius said:
Is the 6-pin connector connected from the power supply unit to the graphics card?

Also, do you live in north pole? I cannot imagine how the temperature can be lower than the room temperature.

Yes it is connected.
December 6, 2012 2:11:18 PM

Sunius said:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

That is a decent monitoring program.


Ok ones I go home I will try that, and if there is any software will help you to see all my computer part tell me about it because I am using win 8 since win 7 has the blue screen problem. I keep thinking if it is because my 32 TV - 720 but the resolution is 1360x768 and my game resolution is in the low setting :cry: 
December 7, 2012 12:29:18 AM

I found out that my tem is out of game was 34C after I start to play it goes up to 47C while that happen I lagged only 2 times but see the picture because there is some thing I do not understudied


here is what it says CPU it is 47C still I closed the game long time ago
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 4:38:30 AM

What kind of cooling do you have and what is your room temperature?
December 7, 2012 5:20:39 AM

Sunius said:
What kind of cooling do you have and what is your room temperature?

I have Kuhler h2o 620 my room it is cold really cold I am right now I U.S Michigan (English not good yet), Did you saw the picture ? what you think about it I post two of them please look at it. Because the first pic there one of the tem keep changing.
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 5:30:18 AM

Yes I looked at it. That's why I asked your room temperature. The temperatures seem very low. So unless it's very cold in your room, either the motherboard or the CPU is faulty.

Don't look at the first info. The only important ones are temperatures of FX-8350 and HD 7770.

Anyway, did you upgrade anything in the PC? Is it a prebuilt one or you built it yourself? When did you get it?


December 8, 2012 12:02:47 AM

Sunius said:
Yes I looked at it. That's why I asked your room temperature. The temperatures seem very low. So unless it's very cold in your room, either the motherboard or the CPU is faulty.

Don't look at the first info. The only important ones are temperatures of FX-8350 and HD 7770.

Anyway, did you upgrade anything in the PC? Is it a prebuilt one or you built it yourself? When did you get it?


I build this by my self and ones I put ever things together I saw this problem. The CPU out of the game is around 23 to 35 when I play is start to go up to 48 so far.
but as I see right now the lag after I update my BIOS and reinstall lest drive for my GPU and disable my AMD over drive the lag is reduce but my room is could -_-

I also think if I need to use more fan for my CPU, there is right now 3 fans 1 for my CPU. I have this PC for 2 weeks and since that time and suffering from this lag in win 8 and 7
but when win 7 has the problem blue screen. and with this exams right now I just use my win 8
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 8, 2012 9:08:23 AM

48 is really cool actually. You don't need more fans. You should start worrying at 80 :D .

Could you check GPU usage in MSI afterburner during lag?
December 8, 2012 9:12:33 AM

Sunius said:
48 is really cool actually. You don't need more fans. You should start worrying at 80 :D .

Could you check GPU usage in MSI afterburner during lag?

Yes I can and I did, I will redo it but for now I cannot Thursday which will be my final day of school I will do it and post what I did. Lets all have a break :)  thank guys for all love you give it to me :) 
a c 290 U Graphics card
December 8, 2012 9:32:50 AM

Okay no problem. Will be waiting for the results.
!