Sign in with
Your question

Longest Warranty Graphics Card BRAND in uk?

December 4, 2012 10:30:08 PM

Hi all,

I'm considering upgrading my XFX 8800GTX 768ddr3 XT Edition PCI-E card. I've done some basic research and am probably looking at either AMD's 6850 or nVidia's equivalent (not sure what this is).

I looked at XFX and they only do AMD cards now which I'm a bit puzzled at; yet I also noticed there warranty in the UK is now only with the retailer. The best prices I've found are on www.videocardshop.co.uk but they only offer 1 year warranty.

Can you help me out find (a) an upgrade and (b) what brand has the longest warranty? I also want to consider after sales support, performance and rma process. I'd be willing to give AMD a try because I'm impressed with the prices offered (the warranty puts me off though with XFX).

What would the nVidia option be? Focused on warranty, after sales support, performance and rma process.

My budget is up to a maximum of £110 (including P&P). Would prefer to buy brand new (hence the warranty query). I am not interested in crossfire or sli at the present time; I did consider it but my FS2004 which I prefer doesn't support duel graphics cards.

Thank you in advanced,
Pete

PS: I have the following system (below) and my gaming is mainly Flight Sim (75%), but I also play games like LA Noire, F12012, Mafia 2 etc (25%):

Custom built (links provided for main components)
Currently use Windows XP Pro (x86 due to software issues if running with Win 7 x64 or Win XP Pro x64)
Antec 900 gaming case all fans on low; can get a side fan if I need it
Antec High Current Pro 850W
Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor QX9650 (12M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO Rev. 2 (CPU cooler)
Asus P5Q PRO TURBO motherboard (ATX Crossfire)
4GB (2x 2GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (running @ 5-5-5-12)
2 x Western Digital 500GB Blue sataII hard drives & 1x Samsung 2TB barracuda sataIII (all installed on bottom rack so graphics card gets a 120mm front fan to itself)
1 x Sony DVD-ROM drive x16
1 x Sony DVD-RW DL x16 / CD-RW combo drive
!