Any second opinions

So i just upgraded my computer to z77-extrem6 and a i5-3570k, i have my fx-8120 and GA-970A-UD3 just lieing on my counter, so i decided to help my friend out and go ahead and build him a comptuer, he is giving me 300 dollars so i just quickly put this build together...
if you have any ideas on what i can do to make it better then please do tell

also can this game run bf3 at medium settings atleast above 30fps?
10 answers Last reply
More about opinions
  1. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $295.52
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-19 14:53 EST-0500)

Better HDD and better PSU.
  2. ask him to put a little more and put something like this as a drive
  3. he is not going to I asked him to so that i could get a 7850 for him but nope, also i don't think he need more than 500gb he can always add more as well

Tiny voices,
    nice I like it though i think i will keep my case from before because it has a side panel(he cares about that) and will the 650 ti perform how much better than the 7770?

650ti vs 7770. Its considerably better in battlefield.
  5. do you also know if it can overclock well? I am going to overclock the system as far as possible for him(hints why i had the hyper 212evo before)
  6. You won't need to overclock the CPU at all. It will not affect gaming performance really at all. Its a powerful CPU and will be fine with whatever you throw at it. The GPU will overclock decent. The MSI one i posted is known to overclock very well.
  7. ok cool, I will look at that but by the way the 8120 cant take anything you throw at it, it was bottlenecking the HELL out of my 670 like 40% though it could have been throttling even though i never got a temp higher than 60 i dont know
  8. I thought it was a 8350. my bad. If you want to overclock it go for it. It will not bottleneck a 650ti however.
  9. yeah i know that much but i just think it will increase the fps though
  10. so i was able to get him to invest 50 more dollars so does this 7850 look good i cant go about 190 on the card, will i be able to overclock this card at least to a ghz?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Systems Product