Sign in with
Your question

I can't get a monitor display out of my computer

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2012 10:53:19 PM

I have a raedon 6870 ice and a 550 watt seasonic with an Asus motherboard and a 160gb Sara hard drive and 4 core processor while running windows 7. I can't get a feed from my computers hdmi or VGA outputs to any monitor. Ive tried restarting many times, I've removed the CMOS battery for 5 minutes, I've taken out my video card and re installed it twice, and I've taken away all but 1 2gb stick of ram and switched them out to check for faulty ram. I'm at a loss as for what to do here, ideas on what might have happened? It worked fine and then I relocated my computer and it won't give me a feed. Hence trying to check if I knocked my video the wrong way.

More about : monitor display computer

December 4, 2012 10:56:04 PM

Try replacing the video card with another one and see if you can get video output.
December 5, 2012 12:25:06 AM

Can you get a picture on one or the other, but not both? Have you tried different cables or adapters? Made sure both screens work? What about the latest stable drivers from AMD?
December 5, 2012 9:50:28 AM

Turn your monitor off and then back on while your computer is running. Or conversely, try to manually switch your monitor to the correct input port to which your computer is connected.
!